Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Vs Trans Am at Drag Strip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL!

That was me in the Model 3. A few Tesla owners went up to New England Dragway in Epping NH this past Wednesday evening (June 20). Practically in my backyard (as the crow flies) so I figured I *had* to go. Never been to a drag strip before. Most I'd ever done was turn some laps in a NASCAR stock car at Atlanta Motor Speedway a couple of years ago (at 156.3 MPH).

That was my 2nd run (out of 5) of the night. I lost to a new Range Rover. Beat that Trans-Am. GOT beat BY the Trans-Am in the next run (because he didn't repeat his shifting problem), beat a mid-90s customized Mustang (by several seconds) and finally GOT beat by a heavily restored and customized 60s-era Ranchero/El Camino-like car that had rear tires so wide I thought they were from Fred Flinststone's car.

My result slips are back home but, from what I remember, my times were from 13.62 to 13.8 second and my speeds ranged from 101 to 102.1 MPH.

I have a picture of my first three results here: Log In or Sign Up to View

And from a post I made on Facebook recapping the night:

Top speed - 102.21 MPH (1st run)
Fastest time - 13.607 seconds (1st)
Quickest reaction - 0.242 seconds (2nd)

I have all my result slips at home, but I *did* take a picture of my first three (though the order is off - top to bottom are my first, third and second tries). My first run, they mistakenly listed me as #366 (I was #360)

Quoting from a Facebook post I made...

All runs:
NEDragway.jpg

LOL!

That was me in the Model 3. A few Tesla owners went up to New England Dragway in Epping NH this past Wednesday evening (June 20). Practically in my backyard (as the crow flies) so I figured I *had* to go. Never been to a drag strip before. Most I'd ever done was turn some laps in a NASCAR stock car at Atlanta Motor Speedway a couple of years ago (at 156.3 MPH).

That was my 2nd run (out of 5) of the night. I lost to a new Range Rover. Beat that Trans-Am. GOT beat BY the Trans-Am in the next run (because he didn't repeat his shifting problem), beat a mid-90s customized Mustang (by several seconds) and finally GOT beat by a heavily restored and customized 60s-era Ranchero/El Camino-like car that had rear tires so wide I thought they were from Fred Flinststone's car.

I'm about 45 minutes away. Can't wait to see what the 3LRD can do............

I have all my result slips at home, but I *did* take a picture of my first three (though the order is off - top to bottom are my first, third and second tries). My first run, they mistakenly listed me as #366 (I was #360)

Quoting from a Facebook post I made...

All runs:
View attachment 312526

Did they make you wear a helmet, due to your sub 13.99 times? If so, did you have your own, or rent/borrow?