Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 with EAP Has Transformed my Commute

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am so happy to have my car take me to work and back every day! Its been everything I wanted, and am so glad I jumped in to the future. Plus the carpool lane from Mountain View to Hwy 17 saves me 15-30 minutes each day.

I probably should have waited for the purple sticker but at least my sticker matches my brakes lol.

Intrigued by another user here who mentioned it in an unrelated thread, I have started carpooling a bunch and am using the Waze carpool app. People really seem to appreciate the tech and luxury, and can never open the doors. I appreciate the extra money for doing driving I was already doing. This month I'll make something like $375!! I'm not even giving multiple people rides yet. It does help that I'm driving a decent distance, and going right next to Google. The promo rates might go down but i'm making hay while the sun shines.

There are so few things that are a win-win in life, and especially between 2 regular individuals. Carpooling in the Bay Area is one of those things for sure!

Stop and go traffic is a scenario where EAP really shines. I actually think Tesla should turn down the sensitivity on the driver warnings when traveling on EAP at slow speeds. I even think it's ok to put make-up on in that situation, not that it's stopped many others who don't have EAP I've seen on commutes over the years.

Waze carpool? Get paid? I still can’t get over the fact of having strangers in my car. I guess if it’s google employees then might be ok. Depends on your route. You sound like you have a safe professional business people route.

Stop and go traffic is a scenario where EAP really shines. I actually think Tesla should turn down the sensitivity on the driver warnings when traveling on EAP at slow speeds. I even think it's ok to put make-up on in that situation, not that it's stopped many others who don't have EAP I've seen on commutes over the years.
just wedge a water bottle in you steering wheel at the 3o'clock position and it won't bug you for your entire commute. but yeah, EAP and carpool sticker make me enjoy my commute. just the sight of passing all the other cars puts me in a better mood by the time i get to work. 30 mile commute each way.. usually takes 50-75 min but now with carpool sticker it's down to 40-55 min.

just wedge a water bottle in you steering wheel at the 3o'clock position and it won't bug you for your entire commute. but yeah, EAP and carpool sticker make me enjoy my commute. just the sight of passing all the other cars puts me in a better mood by the time i get to work. 30 mile commute each way.. usually takes 50-75 min but now with carpool sticker it's down to 40-55 min.
It won’t. But the ambulance will after pulling you out from the ditch.

Waze carpool? Get paid? I still can’t get over the fact of having strangers in my car. I guess if it’s google employees then might be ok. Depends on your route. You sound like you have a safe professional business people route.

I drive a car, its pretty nice but not like a strange butt will soil its awesomeness. The people I have met so far are professionals going to work. I have no fear about anything weird happening. Then again I only give rides to 5 star riders. So far its low drama, 15 minute max detour for $5-14 per ride.

With all the traffic on our roads, imagine if a million people decided to all carpool every day. Everyones commute would be transformed!

EAP has changed my commute for the better as well. I have a 115mile round trip commute, mostly freeway. I find just holding the steering wheel at the 7:30 position and letting the weight of my hand keep EAP going. After a couple days I don't even know I'm doing it anymore ;) As a bonus, my hand is there in case there's a need for me to take over immediately.

I drive a car, its pretty nice but not like a strange butt will soil its awesomeness. The people I have met so far are professionals going to work. I have no fear about anything weird happening. Then again I only give rides to 5 star riders. So far its low drama, 15 minute max detour for $5-14 per ride.

With all the traffic on our roads, imagine if a million people decided to all carpool every day. Everyones commute would be transformed!

Hopefully you won't end up as one of your rider's skin suit. Red flag when they start insisting you put on their lotion. But if you do im sure you'll drape well.

EAP has changed my commute for the better as well. I have a 115mile round trip commute, mostly freeway. I find just holding the steering wheel at the 7:30 position and letting the weight of my hand keep EAP going. After a couple days I don't even know I'm doing it anymore ;) As a bonus, my hand is there in case there's a need for me to take over immediately.

I do the same. its insane to me to hear of folks weighting the steering wheel, but really, thats just Darwin in action.

Maybe its because I don't read the news, but I think most humans are generally decent people. If someone is a mass murder type, my carpool or not wont save me.

For those less trusting folks, there's options by S&W. Also there is an option inside the app where you can only be seen by drivers or riders of the same sex as you. I can see women being more comfortable with this arrangement.

Waze is giving out $3-5 bonuses with most rides currently, so it makes even more sense as long as the promo lasts.