Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3LR, Black, Aero wheels, 190 miles, AEP, Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Model 3LR, black, aero wheels, AEP back in April. I travel a lot so I didn't drive it much initially (car has only been driven 6 times I think) and about a week later I got the e-mail that I could configure my AWD M3 (3D). I really wanted the 3D and thought it was going to take a lot longer so I decided I wouldn't really drive the 3LR and just sell it with super low miles (190).

I travel a lot so I'm finally getting around to selling it. I paid $58,001.78. It is in perfect condition. I bought the wheel hub caps/lug caps, and the OEM Tesla cargo mat (looks like Weathertech). I have the Aero covers and they will be included.

I don't need a lot of people barking about the price. I have the car, and you can own it tomorrow. I already paid the sales tax here in Hawaii and since this is now a used car, you won't pay anything more than whatever price we negotiate. This works out well if you wouldn't qualify for the Federal tax credit, or you don't want to wait. If you want this car, and know about it, then you should contact me.

Thanks.
Tesla Model 3 - front.JPG
Tesla Model 3 - left 1.JPG
Tesla Model 3 - right 1.JPG
Tesla Model 3 - rear 1.JPG
Tesla Model 3 - interior 1.JPG

Wouldn't the new owner also be responsible for sales tax on the private sale? That's the way it works in every other continental state I've dealt with.

Your listing reads like the new owner won't pay tax because you already paid it. I would consider this fact in the asking price.

Sorry been away for a while. Yes, in Hawaii you don't pay sales tax if you buy a used car private party from another owner.

Back to the question about the price. Obviously I'm not going to get $58,001.78 for the car, even though it has only been driven 6 times (190 miles still). I'm willing to sell it for less, but not at the point where I'm willing to take a huge loss. I'd say, $52,000 right now would take it off my hands today, like I would take time off from work to meet you and do the transaction. This would be passing most of the tax credit to the new owner, without having to wait to file taxes and you could get the car immediately. Also, I've added a few things (cargo mat, wheel caps, lug caps).

I do think valuation of a barely used Tesla is up for discussion. Traditional views about used cars probably need some rethinking here. This car has barely any miles and besides, miles on an electric car are different than on a ICE car. Also, since the car receives updates over the air, its value shouldn't go down nearly as much as any other car in this situation. This is just my thoughts on this, everyone is welcome to have their own thoughts.

I know it's far from your current asking price, but I'd be interested if your price comes down to around $44k.

I also live in Pearl City - Waiau area and purchased this car a couple months ago:
Hawaii Tesla Model X/75D/2017/pearl white/EAP $84,950.00 OBO

Since i already own one, I'm not in a particular rush to get a M3, so i wouldn't pay a premium for having it delivered right away, and I would qualify for full credit.
$58k - $7.5k credit - $5k depreciation gets me to around $45.5k. The config for me is not ideal, so I'd offer 44k.

If you do come down on your price, feel free to message me.

Aloha.