Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S #1355 For Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to update you guys on what happened with my clients car. The market for a non performance with substancial miles is between 100-105k. A performance model would have been a 10-15k premium on that price. He will not be selling at that price point. What I did see was incredible interest in the car, over 100 people watching the ebay auction and many calls to my office. But no one willing to pull the trigger at the premium price that we listed it at.

Wanted to update you guys on what happened with my clients car. The market for a non performance with substancial miles is between 100-105k. A performance model would have been a 10-15k premium on that price. He will not be selling at that price point. What I did see was incredible interest in the car, over 100 people watching the ebay auction and many calls to my office. But no one willing to pull the trigger at the premium price that we listed it at.

That's silly, you are a car salesman.

How can you come on here and state that the premium price for that car is justified when you didn't sell it?

The reason no one was willing to pull the trigger is because that is not the market price. End of Story.

In Los Angeles, when folks slow down to check out a car wreck off the side of the road we call them "lookie-loos".

i think that what the guy was saying was his opinion of what market value is on this car - an 85kw non-perf with some miles on it - having gone through this process and having received many calls. the price he thinks he could have gotten was $100K-$105K. he thinks the premium for perf was $10K-$15K (presumably also based on calls he received). he had it listed at $113K and it didn't get an offer. so that would seem to tell us something.

he has also relisted it, and it currently has a bid at $98,600 (reserve not met). in other words, it looks like his estimate isn't far off.

so maybe you guys could chill out a little and not rip the guy for bringing his perspective. you may disagree with it, but it's differences of opinions that make horse races.

Nobody is going to pay a premium for the car whatsoever. There are stores that have production cars for sale on their lots already (people who canceled for various reasons, I heard there were some from ppl who got hit hard by hurricaine sandy). If you want a car now, you can call around to stores and find out if there have been any cancellations and if they have any cars for sale on their lot. There won't be many at this point, but there is definitely some out there at $0 premium.

It is highly unlikely for a premium to be attached to an used Model S. First, there's the premium. Then there's the federal tax credit. Then, in case of Washington State, there's a sales tax that wouldn't have been there had it been new.

At least here in WA, there will not be a premium and if anything, a serious amount of depreciation. Just my two cents. And don't take too much consideration into eBay bidding info, those things are not really binding so technically I can go bid a million bucks and just not follow through with the transaction.