Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S aftermarket alloys - 19x9.5J rears ET32 - will they fit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

My wife is fed up with her 21" alloys due to the multitude of potholes on our country roads and is keenly eying up my BBS 19"s.

I've found a used set of 19" BBS on ebay that look in good nick, used on a BMW but PCD is the same. The fronts are 8.5J which is fine, but the rears are 9.5J (ET32) on 275s.

It looks like this should mostly be extra protrusion from the car (poke increase 20mm), rather than much inset gain (5mm further in) but I was just wondering if anyone has any experience on putting larger width alloys on the rears and if it brings the alloy too close to the suspension? Or any other issues?

Thank you

I'm not technical enough to specifically know the answer to your question, but from experience of moving to non Tesla wheels in the past, you have to be extremely careful about the fit. Many wheels simply do not work.

I have a spare set of great condition 19" silver slipstream original Tesla alloys in case you want a safer bet...😀

I'm not technical enough to specifically know the answer to your question, but from experience of moving to non Tesla wheels in the past, you have to be extremely careful about the fit. Many wheels simply do not work.

I have a spare set of great condition 19" silver slipstream original Tesla alloys in case you want a safer bet...😀
Ahh I see you went the other way and moved to the 21s!

My wife is quite fussy about aesthetics (at least with cars, otherwise I wouldn't have made the cut) so she might say no, but how much would you want for the 19s? Any tyres on them?

Ahh I see you went the other way and moved to the 21s!

My wife is quite fussy about aesthetics (at least with cars, otherwise I wouldn't have made the cut) so she might say no, but how much would you want for the 19s? Any tyres on them?
Yes they have tyres, with plenty of tread (I could get more precise mm if you are serious about them). I tend to put these slipsteam 19's on over each winter then revert to the 21's in summer. No idea what they are worth but probably happy to take 20% under whatever they go for on ebay. PM me if you want to discuss it further.