Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S dog crate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

Not been on here for ages. Hope you're all well.

We've had our Model S for nearly 3 years now. Big dog (Flatcoated Retriever) happy in the boot with no apparatus required, or wherever else she's asked to sit. However she was trained up to it in a previous car (Mondeo with a OEM guard thing from seat to roof), so slotted right in. The time has now come for a puppy. Same breed again, so I'm thinking about all the things we need to live with an untrained agent of destruction. The S would require an unusually shaped cage I think, to both make reasonably full use of the space and not foul the window. I like the idea of a cage though, because as well as protecting the car cage training is good, relaxing for the dog and aids safety.

Has anyone got experience of products that would suit?

Luke

Watchya :)

This thread just came up

Not Model-S and not a crate :)

But they do have dog guards for Model-S

Hi Folks,

Not been on here for ages. Hope you're all well.

We've had our Model S for nearly 3 years now. Big dog (Flatcoated Retriever) happy in the boot with no apparatus required, or wherever else she's asked to sit. However she was trained up to it in a previous car (Mondeo with a OEM guard thing from seat to roof), so slotted right in. The time has now come for a puppy. Same breed again, so I'm thinking about all the things we need to live with an untrained agent of destruction. The S would require an unusually shaped cage I think, to both make reasonably full use of the space and not foul the window. I like the idea of a cage though, because as well as protecting the car cage training is good, relaxing for the dog and aids safety.

Has anyone got experience of products that would suit?

Luke
Hi Luke

If you want to start off the training and have a suitable and strong cage, you might find that a standard cage attached with very strong straps to the child seat fixing points might work. We use one in a 3 to keep our cocker bitch safe and you can line it for comfort with vet bed attached to the cage. It wouldn’t be suitable once pup grows but it does mean you can leave the pup In the car for short periods in dog mode without risking destruction.

Good luck and enjoy the pup.

Watchya :)

This thread just came up

Not Model-S and not a crate :)

But they do have dog guards for Model-S

Ah ha - Thanks!

Hope life is good with you!

I think I'll get one of these guards. With our current dog, because she grew up with a guard like this, she just knows that the boot is her place, to the point she feels a bit weird if asked to sit in any forward compartment. And I think safety-wise it should be very similar to a crate. Just gotta keep the little vandal from eating car trim. I rarely have the need to leave a dog in a car when I'm not driving anyway.