Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S factory reset MCU went dark

Jrosser

Jan 28, 2018
Ponte Vedra, FL
I am selling my Tesla model S and I wanted to remove my personal info. I went into settings and clicked factory reset. The screen shut off and never came back on.
I called Tesla they had me do a few different types of resets still no dice.
The service center is pulling the logs and is supposed to call me in the morning.

Any suggestions?

smk23us

Feb 7, 2018
Poland
Previous owner of my Tesla had same story 2 weeks before i picked up the car from him.
Whole MCU was exchanged for new one by Tesla Service on warranty.
Good thing for me, because i recived LTE connection free of charge :)

Jrosser

Jan 28, 2018
Ponte Vedra, FL
Previous owner of my Tesla had same story 2 weeks before i picked up the car from him.
Whole MCU was exchanged for new one by Tesla Service on warranty.
Good thing for me, because i recived LTE connection free of charge :)
So what happened. Did you still buy it? Was it fixed before you took delivery?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC