Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - How to Tell if S has Ventilated Seating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my search for a P100D with ventilated seats, I noticed that there is no description of the feature in the spec sheet, just "premium interior". This feature is listed on cars with and without the new ventilated seats. After digging through various inventory search tools, I noticed that the pictures changed around the VINs ending at 260xxx. After that and they likely have the ventilated seats, prior to that, they do not. Based on EV-CPO.com - Tesla New, Used, and CPO Inventory Listings the change happens between VINs 260127 and 260449 The pictures between the two models are nearly identical, except for the rear seat belt being slightly lifted from the back seat on the non-ventilated model.
Ventilated Seats.png

This is what I see on the website for 2018 P100D (Attached) . I was concerned when I saw your post as it wasnt listed on my spec sheet either and I take delivery Wednesday.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 9.20.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 9.20.37 AM.png
    297.7 KB · Views: 677
This is what I see on the website for 2018 P100D (Attached) . I was concerned when I saw your post as it wasnt listed on my spec sheet either and I take delivery Wednesday.

If your VIN is higher than ~260550 you should be fine. The picture of the rear seatbelt should look like the picture above on the right. Congrats on the delivery :)

If your VIN is higher than ~260550 you should be fine. The picture of the rear seatbelt should look like the picture above on the right. Congrats on the delivery :)
So you are saying, although the website clearly states that ventilated seats comes standard on the 2018 P100D, if my vin has less than this number (243080) that I may not have ventilated seats? I am going to get this cleared up with my delivery advisor.

So you are saying, although the website clearly states that ventilated seats comes standard on the 2018 P100D, if my vin has less than this number (243080) that I may not have ventilated seats? I am going to get this cleared up with my delivery advisor.

All new (custom) P100Ds will have them, but if you are ordering an inventory car... the switch happened sometime in May-June. Based on the car I refused delivery on, around 260xxx is where the change is. 243080 will almost certainly -not- have ventilated seats :(

All new (custom) P100Ds will have them, but if you are ordering an inventory car... the switch happened sometime in May-June. Based on the car I refused delivery on, around 260xxx is where the change is. 243080 will almost certainly -not- have ventilated seats :(
Yep. I just verified with my delivery manager. I did order an inventory car that was built in March. Oh well, it saved me 20k and I am leasing, so I think I can live without it on this one. Thanks for the heads up.

Great! Is it a early year 2016 or late year (AP1 v AP2)? How do you like it?
Dec '16. Love it, except the depreciation. ;) [We're mulling over trading in for an X for mobility reasons.]

For you scouts (such @fuchs), what price would you be considering for a Dec '16 with 22k miles? Note: "If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner."