Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Interior Chimes/Sounds changing randomly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All-

This is a weird one. The sounds in my car keeps changing over the last couple days. I am talking about sounds like the seatbelt chimes, sensors for detecting objects and what not. I've done reboots and the first time it returned to normal, now it just randomly switches between the normal sounds and the different ones. Currently other audio in the car seems fine. 2017 Model S75 with MCU2 upgrade on 2022.44.30. Any ideas on what could be going on? I could not figure out how to post a video here so I threw it on YouTube

Maybe I missed something, but all the warning sounds I heard seemed normal for the actions you were taking (no seatbelt, then moving the car reverse or forward towards a wall or object). Was there a specific point in the video where there was a sound you didn't understand?

That is the bizarre thing...the sounds are there, when they should be there, but the chime itself is a completely different sound. than it has been for the last several years. The sound clips they use for the chime keep changing to different sounds for the same event. Its not a horrible thing, but something that is confusing the hell out of me because it changes completely randomly without any deliberate input from me. I'll try to find a video of the "normal sounds for comparison.