Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Long Range Plus Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yay! Update completed 20 minutes ago:

Order date 2/13/20
Delivery date 3/11/20
MVOA LR (now LR+)
MCU LR (now LR+)
Monroney sticker LR
VIN: 378xxx
Battery version F
Software version 2019.35.108 [now 2020.8.2]
Maximum range 335 [now 394]
Battery SN: T20B0372085

Now I have FSD preview, text messaging, camp mode, and expanded voice commands among other things. Now I'm a happy camper.

Yay! Update completed 20 minutes ago:

Order date 2/13/20
Delivery date 3/11/20
MVOA LR (now LR+)
MCU LR (now LR+)
Monroney sticker LR
VIN: 378xxx
Battery version F
Software version 2019.35.108 [now 2020.8.2]
Maximum range 335 [now 394]
Battery SN: T20B0372085

Now I have FSD preview, text messaging, camp mode, and expanded voice commands among other things. Now I'm a happy camper.
Congratulations! I am already on F/W: 2020.28.1 ae1963092ff8, but I do not have the LR+ features yet
Wonder why mine has the same software but not the range?

App (2).jpg

Attachments

• 100kWh battery.png
    100kWh battery.png
    217.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 335 Mile.jpg
    335 Mile.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 90
Congratulations! I am already on F/W: 2020.28.1 ae1963092ff8, but I do not have the LR+ features yet
Wonder why mine has the same software but not the range?

View attachment 524863

Oddly enough, the change in range and the change in model designation did not come from a OTA update. It simply appeared overnight. I cannot explain it, but i went out to my car to see if there was a software update available and I noticed the model had changed to Long Range Plus, so I checked the range and BOOM, 387 (which then changed to 391 the next day).

I don't know what/why/how the change happened, but there was no update to the car and I did not have to "do" anything.

Reactions: BozieBeMe2
Oddly enough, the change in range and the change in model designation did not come from a OTA update. It simply appeared overnight. I cannot explain it, but i went out to my car to see if there was a software update available and I noticed the model had changed to Long Range Plus, so I checked the range and BOOM, 387 (which then changed to 391 the next day).

I don't know what/why/how the change happened, but there was no update to the car and I did not have to "do" anything.
Great, my car sits directly below the router in the garage,
so it should have no problem calling home. When I finish my data sheets,
I'll go check the drivers screen

I have a MS built in Nov. 2019, delivered Dec. 2019 with an F battery. I downloaded update 2020.8.1 early last week with no range change. Suddenly today my charge slider shows a max range of 388 mi and my car is now designated as a Long Range Plus. I am posting because I have not seen any other pres-2020 built receiving the range upgrade.

Congrats, your timing was perfect. I have a 2020 MS built Oct 2019, delivered Nov 2019, only E battery.

My car was advertised as 370 mile range. I have never see more than 361 miles indicated, although I've only had car during Chicago winter. On the couple days the weather has warmed up, I have seen 250w/mi avg, so hopeful of reaching 370 come summer.

Interested in seeing what happens when the next SW update comes, been almost 3 months.

I hate to resurrect this thread, but was wondering what actually needed to be done (physically, if anything) to upgrade from the Long Range to the Long Range Plus. I contacted Tesla support, and they wanted me to create a service request to have this done. From what I've read here, it seems like it's an OTA Firmware/Software update. Am I correct in believing this?