Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S P85 most speakers not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I had my former (already sold!) Model S P85 AP1 MCU-2 (upgraded) in service because of panoramic roof problems. They replaced the pano motor, rear glass etc., quite costly, but I did this for the new owner while he still lets me drive his car until I get my Plaid back from paint protection film installation.
When picking the fixed car up from service, I noticed that the premium sound system does not work. Most speakers and the sub are off. It was late at night and I needed the car, so I picked it up anyway.

I tried reboots, nothing is fixing this. I wanted to look at the fuse, but Tesla specifically says to NOT change a fuse at fusebox 1 on your own, so I will not touch it.

Ideas?
Thanks

Some questions - Is this premium or basic sound? Which speakers work? How about the sub-woofer (if premium sound)?

On basic, 5 amplifiers in MCU1 drive 7 speakers. For premium, an additional amp offboard (on the left, inside the dash) that has 7 additional channels. You can follow the schematics to see where each speaker is connected.

I assume you've tried a reboot? Often fixes oddities.