Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model s seats with moveable headrest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went to the tesla showroom to feel the new Seats with the moveable headrests. I am quite tall 6 5” and i noticed that the bottom of the headrest pushed in my neck quite painfully even in the highest position. Anyone knows if there is a fix for this?

I don't know about the movables as mine is fixed headrest. I'm 6'4" tall and the top of the headrest hits me at the occipital bone which is just perfect for comfort and protection. When cruising I actually tip my head back and up a bit and can go for hours like that.. Headrest looks a little short on me but is actually very comfortable. Sometimes I use a U shaped pillow while driving on the highway and it fills the space behind neck nicely accommodated by the cup/curvature between seat back and headrest portion.

So maybe try the whole range of movement (fully lowered?) to see if you get a good fit of the pad on your skull.

I do find in this position my forward line of sight is clipped by the roofline. I might have to lean forward to see lights overhead at an intersection if I'm the first in line. It helps a bit to flip the visors to the side even to gain a little more height view if you need it.

Last edited:
I'm only 6ft, but I have the same problem in my Model 3. If you look at the seat from the side, the headrest seems to stick out about 6 inches from the back of the chair, which is stupid in my book.
But, from what I can tell, too many people keep their seat reclined 20 or more degrees and in that case, my head doesn't hit the headrest.