Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat can move so far forward where it can crush the headrest and shatter vanity mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was a bit surprised this is possible. A bit hilarious as well. We were picking up our Model 3 for some issues after delivery and I tried to move the driver seat back since it was moved all the way forward, but it wouldn't move. Then I noticed the headrest was jammed into the visor. I had to lower the seat and then got it to move back.

But it must have been sitting like that all day and the headrest was completely crushed and deformed. The visor was also smashed in and deformed. When we opened the flap to the mirror, it was shattered in pieces. Thankfully this happened as the advisor hopped in with us to make sure the wind noise was fixed and he was shocked. lol

They are now having to replace the head rest and visor. I just thought it was quite hilarious that you can do this, let alone that a Tesla mechanic did it and left it like that. Sorry I dont have pics as it happened so quick as we were picking up the car and just had to leave it there.

I went to pick it up after they replaced it, only to find out it did it again. Smashed the brand new headrest and broke the vanity mirror as well. Looks like the driver profile got messed up and saved a position at full height and full forward position. So when it loaded the profile, it ruined both replaced pieces again. They are replacing them again and this time trying to make sure they understand why the driver profile got reset to that position...

• Funny
Reactions: Adam3
I went to pick it up after they replaced it, only to find out it did it again. Smashed the brand new headrest and broke the vanity mirror as well. Looks like the driver profile got messed up and saved a position at full height and full forward position. So when it loaded the profile, it ruined both replaced pieces again. They are replacing them again and this time trying to make sure they understand why the driver profile got reset to that position...
I see in my crystal ball a ”various bug fixes” in our next firmware update ;-)

Reactions: zoomer0056
Same thing happened on my BMW 435i.

It happened again right after the repair? Hahaha oops
Haha yes, they were quite shocked. I knew it too, because as we pulled into the lot, I saw my car, and could see the seat all the way forward again.

I see in my crystal ball a ”various bug fixes” in our next firmware update ;-)
Yes, I'm pretty sure, they uncovered some bug and will probably be eager to get this fixed before they have to replace a lot of other visors and headrests when working on them in the SC.

Reactions: Natdof and Zythryn