Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Window Regulator Compatibility Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 P85 that is in need of a left rear window regulator. The left rear regulator is very hard to find used. Does anybody know the difference between the front left and rear left regulator? They both look exactly the same. Also, will a 2021 or 2022 regulator fit the 2013? Has anybody tried to interchange the two? Even if not the same it’s good to know. Thank you

I just finished replacing the right rear window regulator in my 2013 85. I believe there might be a difference between the front and rear, and anything after 2020. Not really sure. Anyway, a quick search on ebay did bring up a few results. I bought mine from donut_parts and they also have the rear left part in stock currently - here's the direct link to it: 2012-2020 Tesla Model S Rear Driver Side Door Window Regulator & Motor Left Assy | eBay

In case it helps anyone:

To remove and replace the window regulator, you'll need to pop off the door housing from the inside of the door, removing the fasteners which are in two locations - in the door slot and inside the handle lever. then just pull the door housing and it'll pop out. Then following the photo which is attached, remove the screws shown with red arrows. As you can see, I've removed the speaker and the access panel. You'll need a 10mm socket for most of the screws. You'll also need a 30mm torx driver, and a 20mm torx for the speaker screws. The green arrows show where the window is attached - the innermost one behind the speaker is a screw which only needs to be loosened, not completely removed - it's easiest if you remove the speaker to access it, and slide the mechanism down so it is in that location. And the the green arrow near the door latch points to the other attachment point for the window - here it helps if you move the mechanism upwards so you can then insert a flat screwdriver under that point to pop it open so the window can be released. Once the window is released, pull the window all the way up and secure it with a couple of little clamps, so you can then remove the regulator parts. Put the new regulator in the same way.

Attachments

• IMG_20230825_190551.jpg
    IMG_20230825_190551.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Upvote 0