Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model three making a fast clicking when fan is on, is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, I purchased a used 2019 Model 3 LR AWD a couple weeks ago. It has 49k miles so factory warranty is about to go. Car seems to operate perfectly but I noticed a fast clicking sound coming from behind the frunk that is only audible with the hood up or in the wheel well. Is this normal? Posting a clip from the passenger front wheel well of the sound. Anyone know what this is?

Here's the link: New video by Evan Berry

I didn't check out the video, but if it's in tune with the fan speed, certainly the fan blade is in there whacking something at each revolution. A leaf, a wire, and plastic clip, something. Probably taking some things apart or using fishing a scope down in there are your only options.

Reactions: XPsionic
On my 2021 3LR AWD I was amazed at the amount of rocks and leaves that accumulate on the radiator. Under the frunk is an external shroud that houses a fan, I assume that you have a twig or a leaf that the fan blade is hitting. You can remove the frunk and lift up on the fan shroud to vacuum out all the debris. Once I did that, I purchased and installed a bottom grill inlet screen to catch the road junk that likes to enter the air inlet.

Hi there, I purchased a used 2019 Model 3 LR AWD a couple weeks ago. It has 49k miles so factory warranty is about to go. Car seems to operate perfectly but I noticed a fast clicking sound coming from behind the frunk that is only audible with the hood up or in the wheel well. Is this normal? Posting a clip from the passenger front wheel well of the sound. Anyone know what this is?

Here's the link: New video by Evan Berry
Sorry to revive this thread, but I have literally the same noise, did you find out what it was?

I had a similar noise when running the AC. SC took frunk area apart and it was a sticker/label that was coming off and flapping around when the AC was running.

At least that's what i was told and after that visit, no more noise.