Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 20" Sonic Carbon Wheels on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After countless amount of reading and searching, i finally decided to purchased a used set of 20" Sonic Carbon Wheels. I paired them with falken azenis fk510 245/40/20 front and 285/35/20 back. overall, i'm very happy with the look and the performance! the staggered wheels feels very stable and since my Model is RWD(S75), i do believe it makes a good difference. Enjoy the pictures and let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_9743.jpg
    IMG_9743.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 1,384
  • IMG_9737.jpg
    IMG_9737.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 779
  • IMG_9739.jpg
    IMG_9739.jpg
    574.8 KB · Views: 796
  • IMG_9745.jpg
    IMG_9745.jpg
    721.8 KB · Views: 816
After countless amount of reading and searching, i finally decided to purchased a used set of 20" Sonic Carbon Wheels. I paired them with falken azenis fk510 245/40/20 front and 285/35/20 back. overall, i'm very happy with the look and the performance! the staggered wheels feels very stable and since my Model is RWD(S75), i do believe it makes a good difference. Enjoy the pictures and let me know if you have any questions.
Looks great. Are those the base Wheels that the Model X comes with or is that the upgraded performance wheels? Do you have to put low profile tires on them? Are they also wider than Model S tires or did you use wheel spacers?

Looks great. Are those the base Wheels that the Model X comes with or is that the upgraded performance wheels? Do you have to put low profile tires on them? Are they also wider than Model S tires or did you use wheel spacers?

Yup, those are stock 20inch wheels that comes with model x. (only upgrade is the color, carbon grey)....these came off a 2018.

Since they're staggred the rear is wider 285, however, they work perfect with model S with no rubbing or spacer required. No low profile and plenty of space left as you can see.

Oh wow, so you put the tires on too from the model X? Looks really good. I really wish someone would put arachnids on a Model X and upsize the tires and post pictures.... it would save so much weight.

New tires in the required sizes run around $750 for Falken tires from Tirerack with free road hazard insurance.
$750 for all four tires? That's not bad at all. I was thinking about having my silver stock 19"s powder coated dark grey. What you did looks like a better way to go. What kind of tread life is expected from those tires? I've never had staggered wheels. How does that work not being able to rotate? At what point do you replace the rear tires?

$750 for all four tires? That's not bad at all. I was thinking about having my silver stock 19"s powder coated dark grey. What you did looks like a better way to go. What kind of tread life is expected from those tires? I've never had staggered wheels. How does that work not being able to rotate? At what point do you replace the rear tires?

instead of spending $600 for powder coated, just look for a new set of 20inch, you can get them for 600-700. that way, you can use 20s for summer and swap in 19inch for winter..not sure if that matters to you. i'm not too concerned since i live in san diego so 20s all year.

Do you have any more pictures? Especially one looking straight down the side? But any more pictures from any angel would also be appreciated. Thank you.