Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Exit Handle Front Passenger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Use the screen controls to open her door for her. When you put the car in park the screen should pop-up and allow you to press the button to open the door and she'll just have to push the door open a little more to get out.
I appreciate your response! I should have been more specific - my apologies. What you described is the normal method utilized. However, on most vehicles there is a overhead handle than can be grabbed to help getting off the seat and out of the car. Since there is nothing to grab, it becomes difficult to exit.

Hope this is clearer! Thanks again!

Reactions: bobby g
on most vehicles there is a overhead handle than can be grabbed to help getting off the seat

You could try and attach one of those shower handles with suction cups to the windshield, near the sun visors; and you could take it off when not in use...

Although I would be a little worried about cracking the windshield due to the new forces exerted on it 🤔.

41yVe4kmY-L._AC_SY580_.jpg
41tefpZxoiL._AC_SY580_.jpg

Reactions: GaryBowler
Maybe something like this (not an endorsement...this is what I found in a quick DuckDuckGo search):

Basically you open the door, place this thing where the door latches (on the frame), and it's a grab handle the passenger can use to steady themselves as they get out of the car. I tried a similar product on my Model S and it worked well. (The intended user refused to...mostly out of pride I think, but that's a different problem.)

Bruce.

Maybe something like this (not an endorsement...this is what I found in a quick DuckDuckGo search):

Basically you open the door, place this thing where the door latches (on the frame), and it's a grab handle the passenger can use to steady themselves as they get out of the car. I tried a similar product on my Model S and it worked well. (The intended user refused to...mostly out of pride I think, but that's a different problem.)

Bruce.
Bruce,

Great idea! I’ll order it today!

Very much appreciated!

Reactions: bmah
You could try and attach one of those shower handles with suction cups to the windshield, near the sun visors; and you could take it off when not in use...

Although I would be a little worried about cracking the windshield due to the new forces exerted on it 🤔.

Art - very creative idea! Certainly makes sense.

I’ll try both of the suggestions in the thread - really appreciate your thought in this matter!

Best,
Gary

Reactions: bobby g
I put my elderly mom in the back seat. Getting in and out I lower the car. With the wide open doorway, helping her in and out is much easier.
And if it’s just the two of us, I put on a drivers cap and wear leather gloves and make out as if I’m her chauffeur.
I hope one of these suggestions, mine or the ones above work.

Reactions: bmah
I put my elderly mom in the back seat. Getting in and out I lower the car. With the wide open doorway, helping her in and out is much easier.
And if it’s just the two of us, I put on a drivers cap and wear leather gloves and make out as if I’m her chauffeur.
I hope one of these suggestions, mine or the ones above work.
Ha! Ha! That's funny because I used to be a chauffeur for celebrities! And yes, I use the back seat and lower the car for most of my senior relatives. I just recently found out that my biological mother only rides in the front seat of the car! That's why I'm finding these special adjustments for her.

A great idea - I appreciate the contribution! :)

Kind regards,
Gary Bowler

Reactions: Bacalao
Use the screen controls to open her door for her. When you put the car in park the screen should pop-up and allow you to press the button to open the door and she'll just have to push the door open a little more to get out.
Thanks! Yes, that's what I currently do but it is not sufficient. Even when I get out and assist her with the car lowered it is still a challenge. But I really appreciate your response nevertheless!

Best regards,
Gary Bowler