Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Falcon Wing Door won't calibrate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 - 100D Model X

Passenger side falcon wing door is having major problems. Opening the door by every method possible, the door moves about 3 inches then beeps as if something is in the way. I have to then manually open it to do anything.

When I press close (every method as well) the door closes to about 3 inches then beeps.

The only way to close the door is by throwing my hip into it while it's closing.

I have tried every calibration method: calibrating from the screen, pressing the inside open/close button at length, soft reset with the steering wheel scroll, soft reset from the console, and a hard reset by disconnecting the 12V battery.

Service is schedule to come out here, trying to avoid the $700 fee as they have estimated the following parts to the be replaced:
Latch - Door - Rear - RH (Remove & Replace)
Part: LATCH, RR, Right Hand, MDLX (1034481-00-K)
Cinching Actuator - Door - Rear - RH (remove and replace)
Part: Actuator, Cinching, liftgate (1034485-S0-C)

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

2018 - 100D Model X

Passenger side falcon wing door is having major problems. Opening the door by every method possible, the door moves about 3 inches then beeps as if something is in the way. I have to then manually open it to do anything.

When I press close (every method as well) the door closes to about 3 inches then beeps.

The only way to close the door is by throwing my hip into it while it's closing.

I have tried every calibration method: calibrating from the screen, pressing the inside open/close button at length, soft reset with the steering wheel scroll, soft reset from the console, and a hard reset by disconnecting the 12V battery.

Service is schedule to come out here, trying to avoid the $700 fee as they have estimated the following parts to the be replaced:
Latch - Door - Rear - RH (Remove & Replace)
Part: LATCH, RR, Right Hand, MDLX (1034481-00-K)
Cinching Actuator - Door - Rear - RH (remove and replace)
Part: Actuator, Cinching, liftgate (1034485-S0-C)

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
the heat from the sun plays havoc on the door sensors facing the sun.