Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Falcon Wing Door Wont open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AgAg

Jul 15, 2022
NJ
I took my 1 year old MX for AC repair for the second time in 2 months. However on pick up I noticed that the driver side falcon door wouldn't open from any control other than forcing it manually from the inside button. Left the car there to get it fixed. They said they had to replace the ultrasonic controller twice to get it to work. On pickup, the fix didn't work. The door wouldn't open again :-( I have been driving a loaner for 3 weeks now.
With the number of complaints about the doors, are these really that hard to diagnose and fix?

They f'd something up on the refresh. Seems like the pre-refresh they had it down, no problems with late model 18-20s. Seems like complains on 21->refreshed drivers door sensor not working. Mine has been in twice and second time tech said he did a good job of cleaning and remounting with epoxy. If doesn't hold, he said next time need to go to a body shop to have inside of door sand blasted to get a clean surface to start mounting to again. Don't know if he put this in the notes.

My guess they changed something to lower cost on the refresh. I'm afraid it's all about the cost to Tesla at this point.