Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Frunk Struts Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m seeing many videos of the model 3 frunk struts being swapped out so the frunk auto opens. Has anyone looked into doing this for their model x? I can’t find any details on the current ones or how much weight it needs to push. So I got some 15.7” ones that push 45lbs each strut coming in Thursday and am gonna try that out. But if anyone has done this please share which struts you used. Thanks!

I have asking questions on i1Tesla video and he have not try yet. I try put the same shruts on the video with extra small spring on the shruts. When I open the hood with remote, it pops open but the safety lock engaged not able to pop all the way open. When open the hood with remote it generate loud pop but the safety locked is engaged. No sure why this not happen on M3. After pop the hood, I can lift the wy up manually. With the springs it also bent the hood little bit. To close the hood is heavy. Not worth the try so I give up. If you got it to works please shared.