Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X left at airport

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any info on leaving the Tesla at an airport in fl for 7 days?? Any precautions I should take?
Thanx in Advance

I am surprised no one has mentioned it. But make sure your car is fully charged when you drop it off, minus the (hopefully) short drive to the airport. But honestly, seven days is really nothing to worry about, unless the car is near empty.

• Informative
Reactions: jerseygirl18
I am surprised no one has mentioned it. But make sure your car is fully charged when you drop it off, minus the (hopefully) short drive to the airport. But honestly, seven days is really nothing to worry about, unless the car is near empty.
thanks so much..we are willing to try anything with this amazing car. Crossing fingers..much like I was after the last update..I was holding my breath also...but so far so G**d

7 days seems rather short to leave sentry mode off. Since it'll be at a public place, I'd personally leave sentry mode ON to know if anyone is messing with your car. The power consumption shouldn't be if too significant if you brought it in fully charged. I'd also assume you don't live too far from the airport (distance wise). And if the power is draining faster than expected, you can remotely turn off sentry mode. Good luck and safe travels!

• Helpful
I leave my Model X at the airport frequently for 7-9 days, and that’s after a 110 mile drive to the airport and I don’t have time to charge it before parking. So far I’ve not had any battery charge issues, and I haven’t taken any special precautions. The battery charge is generally around 150 miles of range when I park. Depending climate conditions, I will see only a drop of 2-5 miles per day. - I do park in a covered parking garage for general protection from the elements. - Bon voyage!