Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on Using MYLR and Charging for daily Errands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi , I am a new owner and waiting for my delivery of MYLR - I am In Ontario Canada , and I have some questions on using the car and charging it for daily errands. I am willing to have it at 80% SoC when I leave the house. Nema 14-50 240 v mobile charger at 32A

1- Scenario one: Weekend leaving at 9 am to drop kids 30kms(~18 miles) away, then going for some grocery and driving back home for another 30Kms - total trip 60-80 Kms back home then . I will be waiting at home for 2 hours before I do same round trip to pick my kids up (no grocery so it will be total of 60 Kms)

Q1 : If it is Winter:
Should I charge my tesla once I am home waiting to go out again in 2 hours - also should I charge it to what percentage? or just keep it plugged in without charging ? (if I set charging to be after 7 pm for offpeak rates)?

Q2: If it is Summer: same question above.

2- Scenario 2: Going to work leaving house with 80% battery SoC, parking my car at the train station for 12 hours , what should I do ? can I just leave it out in Winter and keep Sentry mode on ? or do I need to take more precautions ? , shall I follow the same for Summer as well ?

3- Scenario 3: Parking the car at the airport for 4-5 days leaving house with 80% battery SoC, parking my car at the train station for 12 hours , what should I do ? can I just leave it out in Winter and keep Sentry mode on ? or do I need to take more precautions ? shall I follow the same for Summer as well ?

Thank you and Sorry for the long post.