Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Long Range Reservation For Sale (Pre Price Hike)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to sell my Model X Long Range Reservation (thinking about taking delivery of a Rivian next year instead).

Estimated Delivery: November 22 - December 27
Delivery Location: Las Vegas, NV but I think this can still be changed.
No VIN yet, just RN with a delivery estimate of December - January.
  • Deep Blue Metallic Multi-Coat
  • 20'' Cyberstream Wheels
  • All Black Premium interior with Ebony Decor
  • Six Seat Interior
  • Full Self Driving (can be removed)
RESERVATION PRICING:
Model X Long Range
$89,990
Deep Blue Metallic
$1,500
Full Self Driving
$10,000
Six Seat Interior
$6,500
Destination and Documentation Fee
$1,200.00
Order Fee
$100
TOTAL CAR PRICE
$109,290

Building the same car on Tesla right now would equate to a $143,990 total car price. Obviously I'm not looking for capture the entire $35K here, and I want this to be a win/win on a quick transaction.

Message or comment any offers. Serious buyers only. Will transfer over account.

How exactly do these reservation sales work? I see a lot of people trying to sell them, but have no idea if any of them are successful and why Tesla is allowing it. I was under the impression that Tesla does not allow reservations to be sold, which is why so many people who are on a waiting list get emailed all of the time with "available right now" inventory if they do not want to wait.

How exactly do these reservation sales work? I see a lot of people trying to sell them, but have no idea if any of them are successful and why Tesla is allowing it. I was under the impression that Tesla does not allow reservations to be sold, which is why so many people who are on a waiting list get emailed all of the time with "available right now" inventory if they do not want to wait.
Honestly, I'm new to it as well. From what I understand, if it's not been given a VIN number yet, then you can still edit your reservation, so I'd just change "my name" and "my address" to your information. I think what you're talking about are people that don't want to take delivery of their car that already has a VIN number, as it's locked in under their name.

This is what I essentially did, although I knew the person I bought the reservation from. When the car came in we went to Tesla, I gave them a cashiers check for the car and I gave him $5,000 for the reservation. He indicated he would title it in Montana, which is a state Tesla doesn't do deliveries and registration in. So they put a temp tag on the car, he and I completed a bill of sale from him to me, and then when the registration paperwork came in from Tesla he just gave it to me to take to the DMV. I think it would be much harder and more complicated if you weren't in the same area, needed a loan, or were in a situation where they needed to collect sales tax.

Reactions: aerodyne