Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Residual Values

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While waiting for my M3 started to think that perhaps a model X would make a better family car for me. 5 minutes later and I’ve specced our ideal model X all great until you go to the finance page, seems a model X long range only has a GFV of £26.5 after 4 years, really surprised as my M3P has a GFV of nearly £24k. I was really surprised and it seems strange the model X is only valued around same as the M3. Another reason to keep the Model 3 order in place I think.

Reactions: Roy W.
I can't fathom out residual values on Teslas at all. When the LR AWD was added back as a UK option, the initial GFV on a lease was £17k after 4 years (on a car priced at £49k!). It's since been revised upwards to £22k, which still isn't great IMHO.

Those figures are not correct. It should be worth at least 35k. That is a conservative figure.
Im set on buying a model 3 at the moment. Would love an X. What is stopping me is its low range.

LR is 315. In reality that will be 290. Charging to 90% leaves you at 261. In winter make that 240. Then add AC and driving like a human and not a robot. It is a 200 mile range car at best. Not worth £50k.

In US Model X has been holding it value very well. Much better than most of it's SUV competitors.

GFV is an estimate. Model X has not been around long enough to get predictive values going forward, so they will be conservative.

EV values will tend to remain strong if fuel costs are hi. If EVs become the go to vehicle for new buyers in the future, ICE vehicles will see their used values plummet.

Predicting the future is hard.

Of you beileve that Model X was going to have lots of depreciation, then perhaps the best decision is to purchase a used Model X and take advantage of the accelerated depreciation.