Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Trailer Hitch receiver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Original 2in hitch receiver in the original case. $800.00 OBO you pay shipping.

Resized_20190206_112134.jpeg Resized_20190206_112218.jpeg Resized_20190206_112250.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Jays200
WOW! I think Tesla Service took me for a ride here. I paid $1250.00 for them to install.
Thanks for letting me know, Ill go check it, I have the original invoice.
No probs ;) I don't think Tesla took you for a ride if you had the tow package installed after purchase. There is a big bar behind the rear bumper that is the width of the car and bolted to each corner, plus a wiring harness. I suspect $1250 was for the purchase and installation of the whole tow bar assembly and required some time to do given they need to remove the rear bumper.

My car came with tow package from factory but with European hitch, not 2" square which is the common hitch here in Australia, like the US.

Reactions: skitown
No probs ;) I don't think Tesla took you for a ride if you had the tow package installed after purchase. There is a big bar behind the rear bumper that is the width of the car and bolted to each corner, plus a wiring harness. I suspect $1250 was for the purchase and installation of the whole tow bar assembly and required some time to do given they need to remove the rear bumper.

My car came with tow package from factory but with European hitch, not 2" square which is the common hitch here in Australia, like the US.
Hey Jays, I'm looking to get one of these - I have the same setup and unable to find one here in Australia. I'm happy to pay a little for labor if someone is able to send one from the US.

Hey Dee Bee or anyone able to assist. I’m from Australia too and have model X tow package already installed. I have the tow bar attachment, but looking also for the tow hitch attachment (to tow bikes). Anyone able to assist/give me leads where I could get one? Appreciated if anyone can assist. Cheers

Hey Dee Bee or anyone able to assist. I’m from Australia too and have model X tow package already installed. I have the tow bar attachment, but looking also for the tow hitch attachment (to tow bikes). Anyone able to assist/give me leads where I could get one? Appreciated if anyone can assist. Cheers
I have one of these, if you are sill looking for it (3 years later)!IMG_8850.jpegIMG_8848.jpegIMG_8849.jpeg