Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 19" Gemini Wheel and Winter Tire Package On MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding is that it depends on the car and the brake calipers. 19" Gemini wheels are supposed to fit on a Model Y Performance, replacing the 21" stock wheels but the 19" Gemini wheels might not fit on a Model S Plaid, for example (I don't know if it will fit a Plaid or not, that's just an example). If the brake caliper on the S Plaid is too large, the Gemini wheel won't fit over it. I think that's the compatibility issue.

Reactions: MIGS Tessie
As earlier stated I went with the T-Sportline 18” Wheels to have even more rubber. Where I live we have lots of pot holes, gravel and chip sealed roads. Went with the Falken Wild Peak All-Terrains which so far have been great. Technically I can keep them on year round if feeling lazy.

Attachments

• FE7231DB-6AB3-4FA1-B052-E072025A8831.jpeg
    FE7231DB-6AB3-4FA1-B052-E072025A8831.jpeg
    618.3 KB · Views: 274
  • B6C6E809-9507-4DEE-B63A-944E66E7DFB1.jpeg
    B6C6E809-9507-4DEE-B63A-944E66E7DFB1.jpeg
    645.5 KB · Views: 204
Hi everyone,
I was on a call with a service person at Tesla about Gemini + Pirelli winter tires for my 2022 MYP and asked him why Tesla website will not allow me to purchase them and he explained that though the wheels + tires might have just enough clearance, you have to watch out for lack of clearance with the weights that are added during balancing. Does anyone have experience (preferably with pictures) of weights being at the front of the rim and if they still clear the chunky callipers in MYP? This package is still cheaper than what I can find from other non-Tesla shops.
Side note: I am particularly looking for 255/45R19 and not willing to go with 245/45R19's and I live in Toronto, Ontario.

Hi everyone,
I was on a call with a service person at Tesla about Gemini + Pirelli winter tires for my 2022 MYP and asked him why Tesla website will not allow me to purchase them and he explained that though the wheels + tires might have just enough clearance, you have to watch out for lack of clearance with the weights that are added during balancing. Does anyone have experience (preferably with pictures) of weights being at the front of the rim and if they still clear the chunky callipers in MYP? This package is still cheaper than what I can find from other non-Tesla shops.
Side note: I am particularly looking for 255/45R19 and not willing to go with 245/45R19's and I live in Toronto, Ontario.
I don’t have pictures yet but saw many from Tire rack the size you are looking for and just purchased some. It came out to cheaper than tesla

Hi everyone,
they will be fine, tire shops can mount them in different spaces on the rim, my Last car, Golf R i ran 17s for winter and with my big brakes i kid you not i had 3 pieces of paper between the caliper and the inside of the rim, the weights were pushed way on the inside and never had an issue

Hi everyone,
Plenty of us have Gemini's on our MYP's with wheel weights. Seems like yet another SC employee theorycrafting about why Tesla won't sell to MYP owners. The speed rating mismatch is the simplest and most logical explanation.

Has anyone tried to order from a local SC or do they also hard block it based on VIN? Just curious, I don't need a set but curious about any workarounds.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I am in Ontario, Canada and I can still see the Model Y 19" Gemini Wheel + Pirelli Winter Tire package in the mobile app and it does have the "add to cart" option. The Michelin winter tire package with the wheels is out of stock.

I can confirm that the 19" Gemini Wheels fit on the MYP just fine. I swapped over from the 21" Uberturbines to Pirelli Sottozero winter tires mounted on 19" Geminis this past Sunday. Installation of the wheels was easy and it only took about a mile of driving for the TPMS on the Geminis to sync up with the MYP.
I plan to do the same with my MYP. did you notice any range improvement?

I plan to do the same with my MYP. did you notice any range improvement?
Not really, but there is more going on than just the wheel/tire combo. Model Y efficiency generally decreases as it gets colder (check out "Stats" or other apps that show fleet efficiency) and I often run a ski box on top along with my winter tires. My summer tire efficiency is usually a bit better than my winter tire efficiency. My winters were 324 Wh/mi when they came off last winter after 7k miles. My summers were 306 Wh/mi over about 13k miles when they came off this past fall.

Reactions: msgk