Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model-Y 7 seater floor mat recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,
I am pleased to say that we are the first company to carry options for the 7 seater. We have received our final samples of our Model Y 7 seater third row and Model Y 7 seater trunk! Tesla Model Y 2021 All Weather Interior Liner Floormats (7 seater) *Back-Order October Production*
These are available as back order now and will be produced in October with deliveries to commence in November/December
View attachment 712515
We also just tested version I of our model y 7 seater trunk and they fit quite well! I will be sending a set of both to @zilkronix and bearded Tesla guy for a review.

In the meantime, you can check them out here:Tesla Model Y 2021 Trunk and Frunk Mats (7 seater) Version I *Back Order: September 2021 Production*
Let me know your thoughts?

Hi. Interested in these mats for my 7 seater, but had some questions:
  1. Why is there the overlap between the 3rd row seat back covers and the back of the trunk section?
  2. Tesmanian provides 2 mats for the rear cover since it can be positioned flush with with folded down 3rd row or flipped. Tesla Shields only provides 1 mat only, correct?
  3. Is the material for the 7-seater Trunk and Frunk mats the same? It doesn't appear to be in the pictures. The Frunk material appears to be same as floor material, but the Trunk material for 7 seater appears to be different than 5 seater. Is that correct?
  4. Do you provide a Seat Back cover for 2nd row?
  5. What is the timing of the 7 Seater 3rd Row Floor mat? Says October production, so has production started?
Thanks for your help.

Hi. Interested in these mats for my 7 seater, but had some questions:
  1. Why is there the overlap between the 3rd row seat back covers and the back of the trunk section?
  2. Tesmanian provides 2 mats for the rear cover since it can be positioned flush with with folded down 3rd row or flipped. Tesla Shields only provides 1 mat only, correct?
  3. Is the material for the 7-seater Trunk and Frunk mats the same? It doesn't appear to be in the pictures. The Frunk material appears to be same as floor material, but the Trunk material for 7 seater appears to be different than 5 seater. Is that correct?
  4. Do you provide a Seat Back cover for 2nd row?
  5. What is the timing of the 7 Seater 3rd Row Floor mat? Says October production, so has production started?
Thanks for your help.
1. Those photos are testing our ability to use a thicker mat that doesn't require you to flip the trunk floor in order to have the mat fit. I am not sure the Tesmanian version covers the gap caused by the 3rd row being lowered, but the photos I saw of their 3rd row solution doesn't appear to do so... It's mechanically complex, so we have a number of potential solutions in testing, including a mat that replaces the "built-in" back panel of the 3rd row seats, a folding variant that hides the excess material under the trunk mat like overlapping plates, and a 3 piece concept, etc. So far I like the simplicity of the plate on plate style, no need to pull off anything, remove/add a mat, etc. It should also work in both the trunk normal and flipped way.
2. No, we are planning to have both options as well.
3. These photos are a mix of concepts, again due to figuring out how to get the thicker tpe/floormat style involved in all aspects. I am honestly not 100% sure we can use the thicker version on the 3rd row seat backs without removing the back seat panel to accomplish a two piece set. We may need to have a 3rd panel to cover the gap created by the 3rd row going down. Work in progress and we're open to community input!
4. Yes we will, but we are really trying to get this 3rd row figured out to launch this year. It's my biggest focus.
5. We are just about to kick off 3rd row (floor) production along with our 3rd wave of inventory. The huge demand is keeping me on my toes because it keeps blowing past our predictions! We're going to have a massive run of products starting this month, and ideally arrive earl december in time for the holiday/winter season!

1. Those photos are testing our ability to use a thicker mat that doesn't require you to flip the trunk floor in order to have the mat fit. I am not sure the Tesmanian version covers the gap caused by the 3rd row being lowered, but the photos I saw of their 3rd row solution doesn't appear to do so... It's mechanically complex, so we have a number of potential solutions in testing, including a mat that replaces the "built-in" back panel of the 3rd row seats, a folding variant that hides the excess material under the trunk mat like overlapping plates, and a 3 piece concept, etc. So far I like the simplicity of the plate on plate style, no need to pull off anything, remove/add a mat, etc. It should also work in both the trunk normal and flipped way.
2. No, we are planning to have both options as well.
3. These photos are a mix of concepts, again due to figuring out how to get the thicker tpe/floormat style involved in all aspects. I am honestly not 100% sure we can use the thicker version on the 3rd row seat backs without removing the back seat panel to accomplish a two piece set. We may need to have a 3rd panel to cover the gap created by the 3rd row going down. Work in progress and we're open to community input!
4. Yes we will, but we are really trying to get this 3rd row figured out to launch this year. It's my biggest focus.
5. We are just about to kick off 3rd row (floor) production along with our 3rd wave of inventory. The huge demand is keeping me on my toes because it keeps blowing past our predictions! We're going to have a massive run of products starting this month, and ideally arrive earl december in time for the holiday/winter season!
I see what you are talking about. Tesla replaced my original back trunk floor cover cause the carpet would rip off when I raised the 3rd row seats, cause it was so tight. They gave me a smaller cover now, but I can see how it would be an issue. 3D Maxpider solution seems to work, but I'm not a fan of the 'brick wall' look.

I see what you are talking about. Tesla replaced my original back trunk floor cover cause the carpet would rip off when I raised the 3rd row seats, cause it was so tight. They gave me a smaller cover now, but I can see how it would be an issue. 3D Maxpider solution seems to work, but I'm not a fan of the 'brick wall' look.
Part of our R+D in creating our own solutions is also studying competitor solutions and finding their weaknesses to make an improved design that maximizes the strengths of all the options available. It costs us more per mat usually, but we make up for it in lower operating overhead with only 2 guys not taking salary. We're a speed boat competing with cruise ships, so we can take our time prepping the best solution while still being one of the first to get a product to customers.

Last edited: