Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Accessories List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i decided not to spend the extra on a nice body color and wheels and just go for the basic base white version with gemini wheels and spend that extra amount on accessories.
this is what i got so far. i am sure if i had looked a bit hard i could have saved maybe a hundred or two from my total but i touched the 3k $$$ mark already.
-- excluding the tinting cost and front ppf wrap. I have forced myself to stop for now.

Post what all you guys are buying for your Model Y.

Last edited:
Reactions: Watts_Up
We haven’t even received a VIN for our MYP yet and we already have stuff waiting for it. So far the list includes:
- Taptes floor mats
- Spigen matte screen protector
- Quick Bandit license plate bracket
- Set of 4 Jack pads

Once it arrives it’ll get a Stealth XPEL wrap and PPF on the glass roof of to protect it from rocks on our wintery roads.

It’ll also get 19” wheels and Nokian Hakkaapelitta R5 winter tires next winter.

mud flaps ***
ppf for rear fenders/doors ***
wide angle side mirrors ***
two piece roof sunshade ***
windshield sunshade **
jack point pucks ***
swivel mount for touch screen ***
screen protector for touch screen **
organizer for front center console
usb hub for center console **
Tesmanian floor mats everywhere **
aftermarket door handles ***
aluminum skid plate **
black wheel covers ***
rear cubby liners with lids **
upgraded interior lights
wireless tire inflator **
EVglass to make roof double pane
upgraded pedals
cup holder insert
(leaves cup holders full size but adds a central spring to keep things from rattling)
seat side rail pad cover set
black license plate frame
black T logos for front and rear
mobile connector + extra adapters ***

I use and like everything in this list. Things I stopped using or didn't like a lot were not included. If I had to do it again, I would probably get all of this stuff again. My car came with data on the center console usb ports. If it didn't then I would definitely do the upgrade.

YMMVG

*** must have!
** really like!

• Funny
Reactions: bekk and Watts_Up
hmm can't edit my original post but here is my list

part list model y.jpg

So i decided not to spend the extra on a nice body color and wheels and just go for the basic base white version with gemini wheels and spend that extra amount on accessories.
this is what i got so far. i am sure if i had looked a bit hard i could have saved maybe a hundred or two from my total but i touched the 3k $$$ mark already.
-- excluding the tinting cost and front ppf wrap. I have forced myself to stop for now.

Post what all you guys are buying for your Model Y.
No matter what Tesla accessories you want to buy for your Tesla, it is recommended that you check the TESERY website. It is a one-stop shopping platform perpendicular to Tesla aftermarket accessories, which can meet your different car needs. You can find basic accessories, function expansion accessories, modification accessories, and many other accessories here. They have unique design, reasonable price and strong durability.
On this website, some popular Tesla accessories are as follows:

1. 3D Floor Mats
2. Roof Rack
3. Seat Covers
4. Sunshades
5. Storage Boxes
6. Spoiler
7. Steering Wheels
8. Screen Protectors
9. Mud Flaps
10. TPE Floor Mats

Isn't there a built-in dashcam? What would be the reason to buy another? (I pick up my Model Y next week so genuinely interested).
Tesla's current built in dash cam resolution is quite low (not even sure it qualifies as 1080p) which can make it difficult to read license plates in certain circumstances. The latest dash cams like DR900X offer 4k resolutions which makes it easier to make out license plates. The field of forward view is also somewhat limited to I believe 110 degrees where most good aftermarket dash cams provide 140 degree field of view. Running Tesla's dashcam while parked consumes significant power (approx. 250-300 W per hour) as the integrated computer needs to stay running to process video footage. Aftermarket dashcams usually consume less than 30 W (some even lower) while in parking mode. Tesla also prevents their dashcam from operating when the battery level is below 20% where you can get your own battery to keep aftermarket dashcam operating for extended parking periods.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Isn't there a built-in dashcam? What would be the reason to buy another? (I pick up my Model Y next week so genuinely interested).

1. A dashcam needs to run all the time. Tesla saves 10 mn of recording only if you use your horn and have set this setting, or if you click on the icon.

2. Quality of images very bad for anything 6ft away.

3. Tesla is recording one by one each camera, for a short duration, using a single recording channel, so you will miss most of any events, who in general are very short. A real dashcam records continualy each channel independantly. Sure, you get only front and rear. To get side view some people install a second dascam behind each rear triangle window on each side of the car.

1. A dashcam needs to run all the time. Tesla saves 10 mn of recording only if you use your horn and have set this setting, or if you click on the icon.

2. Quality of images very bad for anything 6ft away.

3. Tesla is recording one by one each camera, for a short duration, using a single recording channel, so you will miss most of any events, who in general are very short. A real dashcam records continualy each channel independantly. Sure, you get only front and rear. To get side view some people install a second dascam behind each rear triangle window on each side of the car.
I am surprised you find this so important. For me it would be a waste of time and money. I had one incident 20-some years ago when a dash cam might have been useful. A shopping cart got loose and dented my car while I was shopping. Maybe a dash cam would have helped find who was at fault. But maybe not.

I'm glad to have sentry mode when I park my car away from home but there have been zero incidents when it was needed or useful. I've never been involved in a hit and run accident. I can't remember being in an accident or making an insurance claim.

I'm reminded of this person who thinks putting anti-ram bollards (posts) in their driveway is the only way to keep their car secure:
Sorry but the Security on Tesla's can be bypassed.

Moderators on here know how as well, but thankfully deleted the vulnerability details when they were discovered and published.

Some non-Tesla generic security tips here

I have RAM Bollards on my driveway, plus driveway Camera's (Sentry Mode is seperate), plus two factor authentication on my Tesla account to block unauthorised access, plus PIN to drive to stop attempted car-jacking, plus wheel locking bolts and now use a steering lock as well (especially when parked away from home).

I've even got access to use a Ground Anchor (which is used for motorcycles on the driveway) should any threat emerge where I felt a need to use it.

RAM bollards on your driveway will also stop random people/companies parking on your driveway, blocking access to your own car parking space. Which is currently Legal to do in the UK. If your car isn't parked on your driveway overnight it may not be insured against theft within 1/4 mile from your home. So ensuring your Driveway is available is important.

All physical security can be breached, the idea is to just slow them down or put them off completely.

Don't make it so easy to give an opportunist with a 'technology exploit trick' access and ability to drive away in a £60k car.

A targeted attack won't stop thieves though... because at the end of the day, the easiest target is YOU.

View attachment 787755
I don't doubt that this is the right solution for them just like a $500 dashcam is the right solution for you. But I question whether these are things that everyone, or even most people, want or need.

No matter what Tesla accessories you want to buy for your Tesla, it is recommended that you check the TESERY website. It is a one-stop shopping platform perpendicular to Tesla aftermarket accessories, which can meet your different car needs. You can find basic accessories, function expansion accessories, modification accessories, and many other accessories here. They have unique design, reasonable price and strong durability.
On this website, some popular Tesla accessories are as follows:

1. 3D Floor Mats
2. Roof Rack
3. Seat Covers
4. Sunshades
5. Storage Boxes
6. Spoiler
7. Steering Wheels
8. Screen Protectors
9. Mud Flaps
10. TPE Floor Mats
Missing an opportunity by not having a TMC coupon code (10 or 15%)

Just got my MYP on 2/16.

- Taptes floor mats with trunk/frunk/cargo liner.
- Tesla pet liner
- Spigen matte screen protector
- MagBak wireless charger mount
- Tesmanian mud flaps
- Crystal shield rear door ppf
- EV Wraps carbon fiber matte center console wrap
- HALO BLK center console organizer tray and cup holder insert.
- Powlamks armrest cover

Reactions: BitJam
delivery scheduled for 2/23.

so far i ordered the following:

- spigen screen protector
- complete taptes mats (frunk, trunk and all)
- carbon fiber front lip, side skirts, rear diffuser, and rear spoiler from ikon motorsports
- tein coilover suspension

still shopping for aftermarket rims. can't make a decision on what i want.

already have an appointment to drop off car to get full body clear bra and tint morning after pickup.

Reactions: Kensta