Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model y all weather rear trunk liner - tesla shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

So I have the genuine Tesla item All Weather Rear Trunk Liner, I know there may have been cheaper options but wanted to stick with OEM tesla items where I could.
Rear Trunk Liner
However, I find that after a while the trunk liner slips towards the rear, and it gets to the point where it stops the boot closing as it starts covering the latch slightly, the liner doesn't seem very grippy on the carpet so every time this happens I need to push it back in before the trunk will close.
Anyone had this problem and any solutions?

Thanks.

Hi tessstuff,

Experiencing the same here.
Slippery on the carpet and also, in my case, the liner doesn't go completely flat. The sides keep coming up a bit.
Have it in my trunk for about 3 weeks now. Maybe it will get better when the weather is hot. But given price and being OEM, I expected a better quality product ...

I am in same boat, quite disappointed in quality compared to the rear trunk liner I had on my Model 3. the Y's slides and does not seem wide enough leaving about a 1/2" gap on the one side.

I will most likely be adding some Velcro strips to help hold it in place.

You really shouldn't be adding tapes and velcro after you have spent so much on OEM mats. The heavier rubber mats stay in place without shifting but are a pain to handle (it's difficult to lift the rubber mat to get to the compartment under the trunk in the Y). Generally rubber mats are heavy and a pain to clean.
You may want to consider the Zorbec - they come with non-skid silicone backing so the mat doesn't slide on the carpet. Plus, they are really easy to clean - just throw it in the washer and dryer. Here is more info:

You really shouldn't be adding tapes and velcro after you have spent so much on OEM mats. The heavier rubber mats stay in place without shifting but are a pain to handle (it's difficult to lift the rubber mat to get to the compartment under the trunk in the Y). Generally rubber mats are heavy and a pain to clean.
You may want to consider the Zorbec - they come with non-skid silicone backing so the mat doesn't slide on the carpet. Plus, they are really easy to clean - just throw it in the washer and dryer. Here is more info:
What's done is done. The point is finding a way to stop the Tesla liner from slipping, not to expend a few hundred dollars on another one.