Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Car Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Carbonmedic

MYLR, Blue, 19”, black interior, 5 seats, OD 5/26
Aug 9, 2021
El Cajon, CA
Does anyone know if the A/C will keep the cabin cool with a car cover on? I'm wondering if a car cover would restrict the airflow coming in to the A/C unit. I keep having these types of questions, as i'm still waiting for a delivery date for my first Tesla.

Thank you!

Does anyone know if the A/C will keep the cabin cool with a car cover on? I'm wondering if a car cover would restrict the airflow coming in to the A/C unit. I keep having these types of questions, as i'm still waiting for a delivery date for my first Tesla.

Thank you!

I have a Model X. (Not a cover, A/C, or MY expert.)

But my Tesla Model X cover has mesh at the bottom of the front panel where it covers the air intake (below the bumper). So I assume that they design the covers to allow fresh air in for cooling while covered. Maybe check with Tesla service?

I have a Model X. (Not a cover, A/C, or MY expert.)

But my Tesla Model X cover has mesh at the bottom of the front panel where it covers the air intake (below the bumper). So I assume that they design the covers to allow fresh air in for cooling while covered. Maybe check with Tesla service?
Yes the do, thanks. I purchase one with an opening at the bottom (front) where the air in-take is for the A/C. It works great! Thanks for the reply!