Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y cargo lift gate bracket breaking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 model Y... I have had three different events where the bracket has broken and or had to be replaced.. and Each visit a painful horrible experience .. Use the app right? we all know the drill. I send in pic oh you have to come in. Come in we have to order bracket... then send it to the body shop which of course Tesla does not have. As they come unpainted!!! so yes you wait a week or two then come back down and it takes just an hour thankfully to change.

Now on my third replacement folks !! And this time I got a lovely KIA loaner and after 23 days I still do not have my car. I was able to get a Model 3 loaner as I am still estimated complete at 30 days. 30 days is an insult.. HOW does Tesla not have these parts available in what 4 colors !! come on Tesla.

AND I cant tell you how many days went by with no reply from my texts ...days ignored.. called and it goes to a New York answering service who I state please please call me..DO they NO !! you cant treat people this way !

and this lovely service is from the Peabody Mass store on the north side of Boston. Two years I have been to peabody 8 times for problems.. mobile service at least twice.. GREAT RELIABILITY

Was this covered by warranty? Mine just broke and because there is a scratch on the lift gate with touch up paint, they say it had an “impact” and not covered.
Yes
You need to raise this and say BS
they know they are having problems with the brackets. second replacement they told me the bolts were not strong enough to handle the daily usage of the lift gate and engineering was involved