Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Finance Issues.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How’s this for a story?

Tesla Canada.
I bought a 2021 M3 SR and financed it.
Picked up the car. They never had me sign any papers so figured I’d wait for someone from Tesla to call me back within a few days…nope. Few weeks? Nope
A month to 6 weeks…nada.

So I called them and asked them what’s going on. They said they’ll look into it and get back to me. 2 months go by…nada again.

I went into my local SC and explained it and they said again ‘ok we’ll get in touch with Finance and track this all down’. Great.
2 more months …nothing. I’m now almost 6 months in and decided to sell the car as prices skyrocketed and used market was up about 13k. When I sold there was zero lien registered on the car. 🤷🏽‍♂️ So I sold it and actually went into my local SC as I had bought a 22’ LR 3 anyway. I explained to them to I sold the car now with cash in hand so not sure what to do. They were a bit more confused this time but assured me they’ll get someone to reach out ASAP given the car was no longer in my possession. I offered to pay them on the spot for it as the sale proceeds were not mine (other than the profit portion).

Month 8 and finally get a call from Tesla explaining huge error and they need either the car back or to sign the papers. When I explained what happened and that I’ve tried tried to resolve this from day 1, they decided to allow me to pay off the original value of the car without any interest and without and fees. So net effect is I paid them the cash for my original price 8 months earlier and kept the profit diff from the sale. And drove the car for for 6 months for free.🤷🏽‍♂️

This is Tesla! Lol. Don’t get me started on how amazing leasing MS was back in 2015-17 with their own discounts counted as a capital cost reduction/downpayment lol. 😂
Ie. 55k (cnd) discount on a P100D demo with 2k km on it…and counted as 55k down payment on their own lease! Unreal.

I’ll go into it if anyone interested to know how ridiculous Tfinance was lol
You won the jackpot!

Clearly their financing division is a mess but I have to give them props for doing the right thing here- they admitted their mistake and ate the lost interest, etc rather than giving you more of a runaround and trying to charge you for it.