Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y: Frunk power tap bolt material

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For various aftermarket installs, you need constant power, that if available somehow in the cabin today, may not be with a future software update. Enter the Frunk "12v" battery, for small loads.

But in the 2022+ MY's (and 2023+ M3, and I believe the latest refresh MS/X) it is not a 10mm nut post on a traditional Lead Acid 12v battery. It is a tap point pictured below with what seems to be a 1/2" bolt, I trust connecting to the ~16v Li Ion battery that replaces.the Lead Acid version. Thankfully all the aftermarket additions I install have been designed to work off around this voltage, also.

I am not keen on what a lot of aftermarket install guides seem to be implying, by not advising the best way to make constant contact with that is... wrapping a wire around the bolt and pushing the rubber protector back on. So am planning to use a nut to hold a lug connected to the + wire of the kit, onto the bolt firmly. However to avoided galvanic corrosion, anyone know, or know how I can test, what material the bolt is made out of?

Attachments

• MY-power-connection-to-lithium-battery-1.png
    MY-power-connection-to-lithium-battery-1.png
    281.1 KB · Views: 200