TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model Y in Maine, live and in-person?

Discussion in 'New England' started by Gwgan, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Need to see/sit in a Model Y to decide which car to trade. Anyone interested in offering a physically distanced demo? Will drive a couple hours from midcoast Maine for the opportunity, wipes, gloves, and masks in hand.

2. Tdreamer

Tdreamer Supporting Member

Tesla Dedham seems to be getting them in from time-to-time, but I suspect they would not allow any contact with them as I'm sure they're all spoken for. One had just either come off a truck, or been brought in from the offsite storage location the other day when I was there and it was being charged. Still had shipping related markings/tape on it - it was moved out back while I was there, presumably to begin the delivery prep work.

3. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Good to hear they are getting delivered. I wouldn't ask to see a pre-delivery customer car under the current conditions, also Dedham is also about 4.5 hours away without Boston traffic and I'm not in that kind of a hurry.

4. Tdreamer

Tdreamer Supporting Member

FYI: "Boston Traffic" no longer exists... for the foreseeable future anyway (even during previous peak rush hour timeframes). But 4.5 hours is a bit of a drive.

5. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Peabody sales is closed and they don’t expect to have a demo car for quite a while once they do open.
    Still hoping for an invite from a regional Y owner.

6. Alexejew

Alexejew Member

I would try to search for rent in Turo in your area

7. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

No Y’s on Turo in Maine or nearby areas yet.