Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y is Coming! Delivery 5/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been following this forum for a while and to be honest, I was really nervous about how my build quality would be. I can now say I am super impressed with the car quality over all! No big gaps, no misaligned panels, the only paint issue is at a joint in the back (picture included).

The only other thing is one of the rear seats doesn't fold down when you click the button in the back. I found this out while doing my check through at the Tesla center. Part has been ordered and service appointment should be scheduled soon for that.

Overall very happy with the car!!

wOot that’s awesome to hear. Way less issues than I expected to hear! Thanks for the update & pic!!

No, position 8 should be a "B" for AWD Long Range (Non-performance) ("F" for performance, also "4" for performance?)

However it seems that Tesla have been coding AWD Long Range vehicles as "F" or "4", resulting in higher than correct insurance rates.

My LR AWD has a F in the VIN, which will cost me in insurance rates. 5YJYGDEF7LF0057xx is getting home delivery in Denver Tuesday. Has anyone been able to get Tesla to fix the VIN? Insurance is already expensive enough on these cars. Plus, I don't want to carry the dead weight associated with the performance hardware.

Sounds like they have started producing the "true" LR models with the E in the VIN starting somewhere in the 6000's. I don't think Tesla can "fix" the VIN on your car, it isn't wrong, you just happened to get an early model LR which is really just a performance that they limited. I do know that many insurance companies give rates based on the MSRP of the car rather than the VIN though, maybe switch to one of those if yours is being stubborn about you having a performance VIN.

• Informative
Reactions: EliteFinish
Yes, it appears that the true LR models have begun production. I just got a VIN/MVPA today and I have 5YJYGDEE with a sequence number of 62xx. This is a blue/black LR Y with 19" wheels and FSD ordered 9/2019. Still have to see if I can convert from cash to a trade using a carmax quote from mid March. If not I'll either get a new carmax quote or deal with the existing car myself.

Tesla wants me to pay now but I'd rather pay by check during delivery at the IL store after inspecting the vehicle. Paying at delivery shouldn't be an issue...but with touchless delivery who knows.

This is starting to make so much sense why the adhesive residue from the red underline performance emblem is present on mines...

20200502_131236.jpg

Tesla wants me to pay now but I'd rather pay by check during delivery at the IL store after inspecting the vehicle. Paying at delivery shouldn't be an issue...but with touchless delivery who knows.

On my last delivery, I ACHed over all the money to Tesla. They tried to deliver a Model 3 with a scratch clean through the paint refusing to document the problem or ever fix it. I refused delivery of course and it took 3 weeks, several calls and escalations to get my funds back by check, not ACH. They had thousands of dollars of mine for nearly a month before I got the check cleared.

On my last delivery, I ACHed over all the money to Tesla. They tried to deliver a Model 3 with a scratch clean through the paint refusing to document the problem or ever fix it. I refused delivery of course and it took 3 weeks, several calls and escalations to get my funds back by check, not ACH. They had thousands of dollars of mine for nearly a month before I got the check cleared.
Ah. Starting to see where your attitude comes from. As if everyone had the same experience.

Reactions: mazers
Thay called me from Cincy last night and asked if I could pick it up Sunday (tomorrow) instead of next Wednesday. I said HELL YEAH! Last day of the month, I guess. Go figure.

Make sure to check the bottom of the doors, inside the doors, and the rocker panels for defects or damage. Also common thing we've seen is where the rear 1/4 window ends inside the hatch, there has been epoxy/glue that is rather unsightly and still sticky. Sometimes the vehicle is damaged in transport etc. Also if your vehicle has a front plate mount that is attached with double sided tape. Look around at the other vehicles. Do they all have that front plate mount? If not, the mount might be there to cover up bumper damage. Have seen 5+ cars with bumper damage hidden by a pre-installed front plate mount.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ormond