Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BEST SPARE TIRE KIT FOR MODEL Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model Y dual motor has 19" wheels. We are going on a long road trip so I want to purchase a spare to take along. Everything I see at Amazon says 18" but compatible with model Y. Is it safe to use an 18" spare when standard is 19"?

I bought this kit on Amazon because I like the Tesla specific jack with the nub to fit into the jack point of the car: Amazon.com The quality looks good, the bag was sturdier than I thought it would be and all the tools fit in the bag with the tire. However, I store all the tools under my frunk regardless for when I don't have the spare tire in there. I can still use my plug kit with my compressor. I will always try to plug a tire first.

The size of the rim does not matter, only the outer circumference and diameter of the wheel. If you plug the tire sizes into the calculator, the diameter and circumference are only 1.4% different, so it's close enough for short term driving: Tire Size Comparison

Factory Size: 255/45/19
Spare Size: 155/85/18

Reactions: Skavatar