Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Large suitcase capacity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

chowerd

Feb 7, 2023
UK
Hi,

I am in the process of looking at purchasing the Model Y 5 seat, and I wondered if someone could confirm if they are able to fit 4 full size hold suitcases in the boot/trunk?

Thanks

Hi,

I am in the process of looking at purchasing the Model Y 5 seat, and I wondered if someone could confirm if they are able to fit 4 full size hold suitcases in the boot/trunk?

Thanks
Prior to just placing my order for my Model Y 7 seater I brought our two largest suitcases to the Tesla SC and placed them into the floor model where they fit nicely. I would suggest that you do the same. Off hand I don't know if four would fit?

Upvote 0
Of course, it depends on the size and the shape of the suit cases. If you buy or select luggage so it fits in the Model Y, then yes, you could fit four large suitcases. But not every collection of four large suitcases will fit.

I rely on this article for the dimensions of the Model Y storage areas:

If you can fit one of the suitcases in the sub-trunk then the other 3 should fit easily in the normal storage area. Another way to do it is to put 3 suitcases in the back and then stack the 4th one on top of them. If you do it this way then I suggest getting wide angle side mirrors.

Here is a short video that demonstrates both methods:

There is additional storage space in the frunk and in the two cubbies near the back of the car. I can fit my US Mobile Connector in one of the cubbies.

Upvote 0
That's great thanks for the replies. I struggled to find a video showing it, which makes sense as they want to max out on the capacity with smaller cases/bags.

The above article with the dimensions really helps. We are hoping to be close to a tesla showroom in the next few weeks, so we can hopefully test it out.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
Having bought out MY last December (changed from a M3SR+) I’ve just tried our 3 large suitcases (75cm 100l type) in the boot prior to our summer holiday.

With the rear seats in their upright position the 3 fitted easily.
IMG_7424.jpeg
IMG_7425.jpeg

Upvote 0