Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y lowering springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lowered my LR Y with the new Eibachs. Rides smooth. Does a decent job of closing the wheel gap.

Attachments

• 7EEC6DA1-B18D-4428-B3EA-ED4F5F02FFF9.jpeg
    7EEC6DA1-B18D-4428-B3EA-ED4F5F02FFF9.jpeg
    729.2 KB · Views: 6,862
  • 7C2A202D-7E7B-4321-A6AA-6627D1DBFD4D.jpeg
    7C2A202D-7E7B-4321-A6AA-6627D1DBFD4D.jpeg
    550.7 KB · Views: 3,315
  • 8BD46D9F-DB99-4C20-98D2-A4EC18C91034.jpeg
    8BD46D9F-DB99-4C20-98D2-A4EC18C91034.jpeg
    803 KB · Views: 4,928
  • 85E2DB18-3CDA-479E-AFC6-2792A6934148.jpeg
    85E2DB18-3CDA-479E-AFC6-2792A6934148.jpeg
    438.2 KB · Views: 5,323
Did the lowering change the aerodynamics? Change range? What's your ground clearance now?

No noticeable change for me in regards to range. You can find before and after measurements in this thread:

Looks much better than my crappy Unplugged Performance lowering springs. Not only can you not tell a difference in the look of the car (it lowered the car about 1/4", but it also makes a loud springy sound every time I make a low speed turn. Really regret wasting money on them.
I had the UPP on order and as soon as Eibach came out with there’s I canceled my UPP order. Eibach had them in stock to. So far so good. Decent ride and no squeaks pr other noises. Painting the side skirt makes it look lower too.

Looks much better than my crappy Unplugged Performance lowering springs. Not only can you not tell a difference in the look of the car (it lowered the car about 1/4", but it also makes a loud springy sound every time I make a low speed turn. Really regret wasting money on them.
Eibach states the MY Performance springs lowers .6 front & .8 rear. Doesn't seem like much. Is this pretty accurate? Has it gotten lower since after install?

Eibach states the MY Performance springs lowers .6 front & .8 rear. Doesn't seem like much. Is this pretty accurate? Has it gotten lower since after install?
We have two MYPs, one with the UPP lowering springs and one without. Looking at them side by side you can't tell which one is lowered (a year after the installation of the lowering springs). We were going to get both of them lowered but we thought we'd wait and see the difference first. Glad we waited because it was a total waste of money. Not only can you not see a difference but the UPP springs make a loud embarrassing springy sound when we make low speed turns. The springs were installed by the shop UPP recommended.

Looks good! I’m considering these springs as well. Would love to see a follow up photo once the springs settle!

I installed my springs back in late December, and will measure and update if any settling has occurred. Visually, it looks the same today as the day I lowered it. Here’s where I posted pictures:

I should be installing these eibach springs in a week or so on my 21 MY Performance! So far I’m only seeing these installed on MY LR models. I’ll give you guys a before and after but it may be a more drastic change since I’m also changing to smaller wheels! Just waiting on delivery of my new wheels!