Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model y LR battery saving tips in park(garage)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What settings should I adjust when the car is at home ? My car is setup with Android (bluetooth) to lock and unlock when I leave car.

And no sentry mode but I see drop in battery from 264 to 231 from 8pm to 8Am next day, is that normal?

And any recommendations?

Your car seems to be unable to sleep. The car consumes a certain amount of power while awake, even in park, say 300-400W. It runs pumps etc. After a while it should enter a "sleep" state that consumes much less power (~30W), where the high voltage system is disconnected. Starting the app will wake the car up from sleep for example. I think having smart summon on (if you have FSD) might do that too.

What settings should I adjust when the car is at home ? My car is setup with Android (bluetooth) to lock and unlock when I leave car.

And no sentry mode but I see drop in battery from 264 to 231 from 8pm to 8Am next day, is that normal?

And any recommendations?
10% overnight is a lot. Try to turn off Cabin Overheat Protection, Keep Climate On, Dog Mode and Sentry Mode (@ Home).

1) Controls / Safety & Security / Cabin Overheat (Off)
2) Controls / Safety & Security / Sentry / Exclude Home (assuming you have set a Home in the Navigation)
3) Put the car in Park, press the Fan icon and turn off Keep Climate and Dog Mode

Thank you Gtimart, Don't have FSD but I am not even trying to connect or open tesla app.

So that should still keep the car in sleep, and temperature is inside garage is between 50 and 40 degrees in the last 12 hours.

Any settings in car that should I adjust to save more

10% overnight is a lot. Try to turn off Cabin Overheat Protection, Keep Climate On, Dog Mode and Sentry Mode (@ Home).

1) Controls / Safety & Security / Cabin Overheat (Off)
2) Controls / Safety & Security / Sentry / Exclude Home (assuming you have set a Home in the Navigation)
3) Put the car in Park, press the Fan icon and turn off Keep Climate and Dog Mode

Thanks, let me check back everything again. I think I have climate control off( so I need to keep it on)?

Then, step 2. Any application or web service that calls the tesla api could prevent the car from sleeping if implemented or configured incorrectly. Have you installed other apps on your phone and given them your Tesla credentials? Using a web site that has your credentials?

Then, step 2. Any application or web service that calls the tesla api could prevent the car from sleeping if implemented or configured incorrectly. Have you installed other apps on your phone and given them your Tesla credentials? Using a web site that has your credentials?
Nothing else was configured to connect to tesla except that one option turned on "cabin overheating is on (default setting), is this ok to disable? " And 2) wifi that's it

Logically the car should have slept anyway and only wake up once the car's internal temp reaches 104F. You say your garage stays cool so that should not be it. Maybe there is a bug in some software versions (or just on the Y) where it doesn't go to sleep. I'm at least 95% sure my car (model 3) would go to sleep last summer and wake up periodically to cool the interior when it was parked in the sun.