Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y not responding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I left my 2023 Model Y at my remote cabin yesterday about 125 miles from home. When I got there it had 35% charge and locked it with the app shortly after leaving. Last night after arriving back home with the Tesla still at the cabin. I checked the APP and the charge was now down to 25% from 35% and last update was 3 hours old and would not connect.

This morning it still will not connect with a last reading of 25% 13 hours ago.

I'm concerned that for some reason something was left on and the battery totally drained and that is why its not updating. . Am i correct?

I am going to drive the 125 miles back this morning and bring a 12 v jump box just in case. What do you think and what should I look for?

Any hints on how to jump if needed to get into the locked car? I've never done tis before..

Last edited:
Update. False alarm. Got to the cabin and car was alive and well. The door opened with phone as a key. Charge was at 25%. I plugged it in to add some charge before leaving it at the cabin and departing to go back home with our Lightning.

I have no idea why the car didn’t communicate with Tesla mothership. It’s communicating fine after I started to charge it.

IMG_0098.png

How good is the cell signal at your remote cabin?

The owner's manual has instructions for opening the hood without power.
In the 15 months I've had a Model Y I never had this problem before at the location.

When I left today I put a lightweight silver mylar car cover that I had laying around on the car and the car didn't update again. Hopefully the car cover acted like a faraday bag.

I will get a better cover. Looking to just protect it from the sun and polen fallout.