Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model y makes a whomp, whomp, whomp noise with aftermarket suspension, wheels and tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Model Y. I had the MPP suspention put on it. I also have aftermarket rims and tires. Not sure the brand, I can look but I think it is unimportant.

I hear a rotational noise at around 65 kph. It gets faster and slower with the speed of the car so I feel it has to do with the driveline. I cant tell exactly where it is coming from, but it sounds like the front end. It kind of goes whomp whomp whomp. I dont hear it when I go faster as I feel the frequency gets so fast that it becomes a continuous sound. Any ideas?

Chances are it's not the suspension however the suspension system can be amplifying the sound of the wheels and rim road noise. As the above article mentioned, it could be an issue with a low or under inflated tire or even a belt separating inside the belt. If you can safely raise the vehicle I would reccomend looking at each tire and see what you can find. Remember to tighten tire lugs using a torque wrench so not to over or under tighten lugs.

Reactions: tm1v2