Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance AS Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a MPY and was looking to switch to AS tires but there is a huge shortage of tires. Have waited for a couple of months to get anything. Discount Tire was able to get me 4 Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4 tires that are 265/35R21. They said it was fine but wanted to double check to see if this was something that would be doable and not look weird.

I ponied up for wheels and tires and was able to get MPS AS4's in 19" with only minimal trouble, Costco said they had them and then did not so I spent like $100 more from Tirerack. 21's are lower volume so they aren't getting the production time in these tough times.

Have a MPY and was looking to switch to AS tires but there is a huge shortage of tires. Have waited for a couple of months to get anything. Discount Tire was able to get me 4 Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4 tires that are 265/35R21. They said it was fine but wanted to double check to see if this was something that would be doable and not look weird.
The rears will be super stretched if they fit at all. Wheels are 10.5“, 265mm = 10.433”. At the very least the rims will be even more susceptible to curb rash than they already are with 275s.

I went with Continental DWS06+ 265/40/21 front and 295/35/21 rear from discount tire. Very happy with them so far. The rears were available right away, the fronts took 3-4 weeks.