Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Wheels and Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the wheel and tire total diameter of a Model Y Performance Uberturbine 21" front and rear?

I am thinking of purchasing TSport Line TSV 19" for my performance Y.

AWD LR uses tire size 255/45/19.

What tire size should I use for the TSV 19" to match the same total diameter of the Stock Uberturbine 21" front and rear?

Since MYP is slightly lowered, I want the same height stance with TSV 19".

Thank you in advance

Whatever you choose, try to keep the diameter as close to 28 inches as possible. Deviating from that diameter will result in speedometer and odometer errors, and it is up to you to decide if those errors are okay or an issue.

Tire Size Comparison Is a useful online tool to compare different tire sizes

Tesla MY expects 255/45R19 or 255/40R20 or 255/35R21 - all of these are 28.0 inch diameter

Whatever you choose, try to keep the diameter as close to 28 inches as possible. Deviating from that diameter will result in speedometer and odometer errors, and it is up to you to decide if those errors are okay or an issue.

Tire Size Comparison Is a useful online tool to compare different tire sizes

Tesla MY expects 255/45R19 or 255/40R20 or 255/35R21 - all of these are 28.0 inch diameter
Thank you.

When I enter the rear tire size of 275/35/21 vs 255/45/19, the 275 tire is 28.6" vs 28" for 255/45/19.

Do I need to match this?

Thank you.

When I enter the rear tire size of 275/35/21 vs 255/45/19, the 275 tire is 28.6" vs 28" for 255/45/19.

Do I need to match this?
No. Aim for 28.0 on all wheels if possible. Both rear wheels should be identical and both front should be identical - same wheel/tire on the left and right. Ideally all 4 should be the same, but as in the case for the P model, the rears are different and I think the MY just does some kind of averaging between front and back sensors. I have the MYP with 21 Ubers and switched over to 19 inch 255/45 for winter driving, no issues at all. You can switch the wheel config in your MY via one of the screens, but all that will do is to change how it looks on the screen, and change its efficiency rating for estimating for how many miles left on current battery level. 19 inch wheels will estimate more miles remaining than the 21. It does nothing to change speedo or how it actually drives from what I have read.

Thank you.

Do I need to match this?
There is an option to get 275/45/19 for rear and get 255/45/19 for the front. That combo will be the closest match to Uberturbines.
Tsportline offers it on other wheels like TSS, TS5, and TST. Call them may be they can put it on TSV too.

Front
Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 1.36.37 PM.png

Rear
Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 1.24.50 PM.png

Last edited:
There is an option to get 275/45/19 for rear and get 255/45/19 for the front. That combo will be the closest match to Uberturbines.
Tsportline offers it on other wheels like TSS, TS5, and TST. Call them may be they can put it on TSV too.

Front
View attachment 664236

Rear
View attachment 664228
Only negative is you cannot rotate your tires. I have a square 19” setup on mine.

Reactions: smithrukami
I debated this subject when I first purchased my PUP.... Ultimately, I decided to stay with the original uberturbines with the staggered setup. Although I only got 15k miles from the rear Pirelli’s, I still have 7/32 on the front tires at 27k miles. I changed the rear tires to the Michelin all season for longer tread life. I will eventually change the front tires to these as well. However, I am pleasantly surprised with the longevity of the front tires. I like the look of the wider tire in the back so I am just happy I don’t have to replace all 4 at 15-20k miles

I debated this subject when I first purchased my PUP.... Ultimately, I decided to stay with the original uberturbines with the staggered setup. Although I only got 15k miles from the rear Pirelli’s, I still have 7/32 on the front tires at 27k miles. I changed the rear tires to the Michelin all season for longer tread life. I will eventually change the front tires to these as well. However, I am pleasantly surprised with the longevity of the front tires. I like the look of the wider tire in the back so I am just happy I don’t have to replace all 4 at 15-20k miles
A lot of cars today with big rims do not survive more than 30k.
We had Sienna minivan AWD and I was changing tires on it every 25k. The good part Toyota always had by 3 get one free promotion.
Do not see that happening with Tesla.

We had Sienna minivan AWD and I was changing tires on it every 25k. The good part Toyota always had by 3 get one free promotion.
I almost never get the mileage claimed in the warranty. But at the same token, I always get my purchase pro-rated because of it... I haven't had to pay full price for a set of tires in 20 years, except for the first set.... But even then, on my last car, I didn't even have to pay to have the first set replaced. The city paid for it because one of their construction crews didn't properly secure a metal plate in a construction area.

Go to Costco, they have $150 off promotions that last for 3 weeks, usually once a quarter. The bad side is Costco demand is high in most zip codes, so you have to make an appointment (unless you live in Alabama or something).

Costco also has very limited selection, usually they carry premium brands only. If you want the full gamut try Discount Tire.

Hi UT!! Are the Michelin's you have the PILOT SPORT ALL SEASON 4? I'm trying to figure out if the 275 Überturbines would work on the front of my new MYP which I'll receive in a week and a half, as my goal is to square up the rims/tires using Tesla Überturbines and all season tires, which I cannot find at 255/35R21. Thanks!! VelkySyr