Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Rear Ended Repairs - What to look out for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll be picking up my MY from Tesla soon for repairs from being rear ended. There was no frame damage reported.

Components Replaced:
  • Lift gate
  • Rear windshield
  • Rear bumper
  • Rear quarter panels repainted
  • Rear quarter panel windows
  • Tow hitch
I’m open to suggestions on what to look out for when picking up the car. I’ll be checking for panel alignment and basic functionality of the lift gate, but would appreciate any other suggestions.

How long has your Tesla been in the shop? First thing first, I will be looking for overspray! Be sure to do a Full Walk around outside in the SUN. If the weather is bad, do a walkaround inside, bring a LED light bar. I would also do a water test. You might have to bring it home and run a hose for 10 minutes on the Roof/liftgate to see if anything is leaking. I would record it as well.

best of luck!

Reactions: food8u10
I’ll be picking up my MY from Tesla soon for repairs from being rear ended. There was no frame damage reported.

Components Replaced:
  • Lift gate
  • Rear windshield
  • Rear bumper
  • Rear quarter panels repainted
  • Rear quarter panel windows
  • Tow hitch
I’m open to suggestions on what to look out for when picking up the car. I’ll be checking for panel alignment and basic functionality of the lift gate, but would appreciate any other suggestions.
Hey, Can you please post some pictures of your car before and after the crash. I would love to see how much damage the rear did.