Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not Available Model Y reservation for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a day 1 Model Y reservation I’d like to sell, if possible. I think the only way is to go with buyer to pick up car because original reservation is in my name and can’t be changed. I’m open to other ways of doing this if there are any.

My price is $3k below current price so if I make $1000, you still save $2000. My original deposit was $2500.

The configuration is white with black interior, tow hitch, base wheels, and FSD.

Purchase has to be activated before early July according to Tesla’s forced cancellation policy.

pickup is Fremont or somewhere in East Bay, wherever Tesla determines.

let me know if there’s any interest

Attachments

• 93D90D39-C277-4DFC-A387-07CFC47CD755.png
    93D90D39-C277-4DFC-A387-07CFC47CD755.png
    251.8 KB · Views: 560
Reactions: Freshness
I’ve been posting on this forum for years. I can assure you it’s not a scam. I’m just trying to get something for my 2+ year old reservation and help out a buyer with a discount. I have until 7/2 to do something or it’ll get canceled (unless they extend the date which I doubt). I still might buy the car myself if no one else wants to because it’s a good deal. I just don’t really need a new car right now.

I admit the logistics would be tricky because I’d have to be present at delivery and the buyer would probably too, unless I take delivery without buyer doing any direct inspection themselves. That’s probably why Tesla buyers don’t do this much.

If the order gets altered in any way (ie remove FSD), prices revert to current so price would not decrease $10k, but $6.5k, so it would basically defeat the whole purpose of paying a lower price than current.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Unfortunately, nothing about the reservation can be altered, or all prices will revert to current. Keep in mind that seven seater has little down side (only small amount of lost under trunk storage) and folds completely flat. With this reservation, you’d essentially be getting that option for ‘free’.

From what I know, delivery location also can’t be changed so it will be somewhere in the east Bay Area (last time I took delivery in Fremont based on my address).

Just placed an order for a 7 seat, black. Was a toss up between black or white. Thought of the tow hitch and FSD but didn‘t end up going that route with the mindset that I can add later. Interesting except you are on the wrong side of the continent. Transport would negate any worthwhile savings. This is a good deal for anyone looking to have a similar build yielding a big discount of FSD.

Interested in this but pretty unclear on how this reservation handoff actually works. Is there any thread/site where somebody describes going through it?
I see you are both in CA. If I may suggest, assuming you are close to each other, together with the OP visit your local delivery center to inquire. You shouldn’t have much to lose by presenting yourselves except time plsu this would you provide you with the answers you seek on security for possibly completing a transaction.

I see you are both in CA. If I may suggest, assuming you are close to each other, together with the OP visit your local delivery center to inquire. You shouldn’t have much to lose by presenting yourselves except time plsu this would you provide you with the answers you seek on security for possibly completing a transaction.
Thanks for the suggestion. Getting a straight answer from anyone at Tesla for something like this is probably dubious at best. It doesn’t hurt to try but all information would need to be taken with a big grain of salt.

I got my car from a guy not wanting his reservation. It's actually surprisingly easy. All he had to do was to call his SA saying that he wanted to transfer the car to me and gave the SA my phone number. One key thing though: I already had my reservation number and our prices were the same.

So I don't know if they would allow the car to be transferred without a reservation or if they would honor the old price.

Status
Not open for further replies.