Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Shares same exact center console/screen as Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the Model Y Shares same exact center console as Model 3? I am curious for aftermarket if the current Model 3 accessories (Screen protector, center console wraps, wireless charging pads, etc) will fit the Model Y?

Has one gone through regular production yet? No

Can Tesla change even the specifications on a Model 3 with no notifications. Yes, they do it periodically.

I was just reading that it seems the Model 3 console may have been changed mid last year.

So, don't ever assume that two cars are exactly the same

• Informative
Reactions: iustin
i bought a screen protector figuring that's identical. other than that i'm waiting. gonna wrap the center console, but that's where something could be slightly different due to the increased height. same on the 'wraps' available for door handles, logos, etc.

It was one of the after-market companies a few years ago that realized that Tesla had changed the Model 3 seats, a few months earlier, when a customer was complaining that the seat covers wouldn't fit.
I just saw a post this week that another company knew when the center console was changed in the Model 3.

While Tesla HAS to assign model years, they generally don't change anything when the model year changes. It's the rest of the year that you have to worry about.