Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Tesmanian interior & rear floor mat(s) review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got these recently for my model Y...located in Canada. got slapped with duties (damn u customs)...but these fit nicely as the sidewalls are higher up. If you have double-sided tape you can make sure these stick right.

I used promo code TESLANORTH10 to save 10% off...works site wide.

Threw mine in immediately (after removing Tesla's carpet ones) when my car arrived this past Friday. Had left them outside in the sun for 30-60 mins to warm/soften it and I felt it was beneficial.

"Punched in" all the sides and corners in and they fit like a glove. No bulge for me on drivers' side that some have posted. No odd rubbery smell. Feels fine and not cheap to me.

Overall, I really like the edge coverage that these provide. I live in a snow-heavy state (Maine) and I think these will do an excellent job keeping snow/slush in it and will make for easy cleaning.

I know many have gravitated towards the 3D Maxpiders for Model Y. Those look great too, but don't offer the same edge protection. I think if I lived more in a CA or southern state without snow, I'd be more inclined to pay a bit more for the Maxpiders.

Avg Model Y Maxpiders (driver, passenger, rear): $205
- Tesla Model Y - MAXpider Rubber Floor Mats [Covers Front & Rear, Black] MAX234838
- Tesla Model Y All-Weather 3D MAXpider Floor Mats and Liners

TESMANIANs: $139, or $126 after 10% code applied
- 2020 Tesla Model Y Floor Mats Interior Liners

For the money and $79 savings compared to Maxpiders, I'm very happy with these . We'll see how it holds via test of time.

driver (top view).JPG driver (side view).JPG passenger (top view).JPG passenger (front view).JPG passenger (side view).JPG back seat (top view).JPG back seat (side view 1).JPG back seat (side view 2).JPG

Reactions: PJFW8
I got these recently for my model Y...located in Canada. got slapped with duties (damn u customs)...but these fit nicely as the sidewalls are higher up. If you have double-sided tape you can make sure these stick right.

I used promo code TESLANORTH10 to save 10% off...works site wide.

Can I ask how much you got "slapped" with duties? I just ordered a full set ($320 US) from Ontario and I'm dreading what customs will add on!

Bought the Tesmanian floor mats and trunk mat in June after my MY delivery. They fit perfectly. After a couple thounsand mile round trips visiting relatives, they were easy to vacuum, and with a damp cloth wash and wipe they look brand new. I was concerned about them being too thin, but after 2 months use, I think heavier mats woulld look bulky and out of place.

Just picked up the Tesmanian interior mats - mixed feelings about them. Has anyone used them and had issues with the driver's side mat having a bulge like I did in my review?
I feel like for the price maybe they could have been slightly heavier. The rear mat definitely needs some 'sticky' tape or something to keep it down.
TIA!
Can not recommend.

Unsuccessful experience with purchasing mats:
No email received confirming shipment.
Sent email and received no initial reply. No ability to contact by phone.
Sent another email a couple days later, and received a reply stating that the shipment was mishandled, and they can not send an entire shipment because they are now out of stock on an item.
They gave me the option to cancel the order which I did; however, they have not canceled the order. I sent an email for confirmation, and they did not reply.
I have to go to my bank and reverse charges.
There are plenty of other suppliers for Tesla products that communicate and deliver the product. I can not recommend this company in any way.

• Informative
Reactions: woolymammoth17
I've also had a relatively poor experience with Tesmanian. Ordered 4 things from them, and have had issues with 3 of the orders. In the past year, I've done 2 chargebacks total among all of my business and personal expenses, and they were both for Tesmanian. Ugh.

Order 1: "Glass" Screen Protector. It was not glass. It was cheap plastic junk. Tried to return. They kept insisting it's glass, so I sent them a video of it, and haven't gotten a reply since. Had to do a chargeback.

Order 2: Cancelled order in their system within 5 minutes of placing (to buy something else instead), got automatic cancellation confirmation email, but they took the money and I still haven't gotten the refund 14 days later. Had to do a chargeback.

Order 3: Ordered an individual mat, and then ended up ordering the full mat set and asked if it was possible they just remove that individual mat I already paid for from my kit so they wouldn't have to accept a return, and there would be no additional shipping. They said sure no problem. Haven't heard back since. If they had said sorry we can't do that, I would have just taken the hit on it, but why tell me no problem and then not do it?

Order 4: Full Mat Set. It's taken a while but it's finally getting delivered today. I am hoping it fits well and is good quality as I've heard issues with recent MY and 3rd party mats.