Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Trunk Won't Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trunk on my new Model Y won't open. Curious if anyone else has had this issue whereby the touchscreen unlock will activate to unlock the trunk but will immediately lock it again without the trunk automatically opening. Similarly, manually touching the rear button on the trunk itself will unlock but the liftgate mechanism will not activate (I have to forcefully lift the trunk all the way open with all the resistance of the pneumatics involved).

Anyone else encountered this and have a fix? I'm 2 hours from a service center and will need to take it in, but hoping someone has a fix or suggestion to get the trunk to open with the pneumatics.

Sadly, this happened at the tire shop - they really screwed up my car! I got my winters changed to all seasons and they must have forced the trunk closed with something in the way on the lefthand side because the left top roof latch of the trunk is visibly loose and there's now a seriously big panel gap on the left side of the trunk that wasn't previously there.