Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modifying my "Blu" Ludicrous Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself and share my journey with Tesla so far. I am a huge car enthusiast myself and have modified every car I have owned. I look forward to adding my personal touch to this car and doing what I can ;)

Background - I am coming from a fully track spec BMW M3 Competition Package. That car is supercharged and mainly used for track. I will post pics of that one at some point ;)

I worked with my OA at Buena Park, CA to find my perfect spec car. I definitely wanted something with good acceleration. I got hooked on the acceleration from an INSANE P85 I was in about a year ago. I knew I had to get something similar or BETTER.

The Actual Purchase and Car - After looking with my OA for 2+ Months, I get a call from him after hours excitedly. He has found my PERFECT car. Let me tell you, this has thus far been the best car buying experience I have had. Every other manufacturer has "sales" that normally write you off or forget about you within 2 weeks. Not this guy, he went through the trouble of checking for perfect spec ACROSS the country till he found something for me. I am sure he could have sold that car VERY quickly yet he chose to call me and tell me about it.

My Perfect Spec -

Tesla Model S - P85D w/Ludicrous

Why? I really wanted the PLUS suspension with upgraded bushings/sway bars but with Ludicrous speed. AFAIK, Tesla stopped doing the stiffer bushings and bigger sway bars after the P85 and this was a must for me. I come from a performance background so this was an absolute MUST for me.

Besides that, I really wanted the following -

Blue Exterior Color
Black Next Gen Recaro Seats (Front and Rear)
Pano Roof
AutoPilot
CPO Warranty/Low Mileage.

Those were my MUST haves. The whole time I knew and understood that I would have to give up one of them BUT my OA was able to find the car and grab it ASAP for me. I am extremely satisfied with my purchase.

Delivery -

I took Delivery of my Tesla at the Buena Park, CA delivery center. The car took 2 weeks to be transported and ready for me. That was a LOT quicker than I expected based on the forum stories haha. Mo, my OA, went over all the details of the car with me and the features of it. We took a lot of pictures and he even pointed out a small scratch on the rear seat that I would have totally missed. He ended up making sure Service Dept. made an appointment to take care of that for me. Overall, I would give the delivery experience a 10/10 and my OA a A++++ :D

Modifying my Tesla - WHEELS

First thing and my all time favorite MOD on any car is Wheels. I believe Wheels can make a HUGE difference on the car. I got the stock 19 inch wheels on the car because I knew I was going to upgrade no matter what.

I have had Forgestar wheels on my other cars in the past and always got great compliments everywhere I went. I knew I had to figure out a way to be able to get those wheels on my car.

Step 1 - Figure out the sizing and load rating of the wheels.

- As we all know, the Tesla Model S is a HEAVY car and any modifications to the wheels must ensure that the new setup can handle the load rating and be safe. Forgestar EXCEEDS the load rating and also makes application for the heavier Model X so I knew I was in good hands here. Now to figure out if the famous SUPER DEEP fitment would work. I worked on measuring the brake calipers, suspension clearance and lastly fender clearance for that. Disclaimer: I have done a lot of difficult fitments before, so if you have any questions let me know.

After Forgestar built the wheels for me, it was time to TEST FIT. The moment of truth was here....

I would say this is an AGGRESSIVE fit but I don't foresee issues here. I absolutely love the color and the concavity on these wheels.

IMG_0603 by Sean S, on Flickr

IMG_0613 by Sean S, on Flickr

Finished result here -

Tesla-Model-S-P85D-Forgestar-F14-Midnight-Blue-11 by Sean S, on Flickr

Tesla-Model-S-P85D-Forgestar-F14-Midnight-Blue-6 by Sean S, on Flickr

Tesla-Model-S-P85D-Forgestar-F14-Midnight-Blue-5 by Sean S, on Flickr

Tesla-Model-S-P85D-Forgestar-F14-Midnight-Blue-3 by Sean S, on Flickr

Video that was made for this car :)

• Love
Reactions: IdaX