Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mogo Model 3 floor mats - front. Posted first look + follow up on YouTube

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice of you to make a video of an actual installation.

I’m not a fan of flexible wavy rubber and the area over the dead pedal seemed to show that clearly, also some of the edges. To me just leaves an opportunity for dirt, debris and even water or snow to get in between the mat and the flooring carpet below. The other thing that bothered me and I don’t get is the riveting of metal plates. I get the MoGo name but what’s with the other rectangular one? It makes me wonder if the rivets underneath the spots will dig in with the heel pressing down there in that area over and over and end up causing a problem in the car’s carpet at some point. OP What are your thoughts on this?

Nice of you to make a video of an actual installation.

I’m not a fan of flexible wavy rubber and the area over the dead pedal seemed to show that clearly, also some of the edges. To me just leaves an opportunity for dirt, debris and even water or snow to get in between the mat and the flooring carpet below. The other thing that bothered me and I don’t get is the riveting of metal plates. I get the MoGo name but what’s with the other rectangular one? It makes me wonder if the rivets underneath the spots will dig in with the heel pressing down there in that area over and over and end up causing a problem in the car’s carpet at some point. OP What are your thoughts on this?

I don’t think the riveting is going to be any issue. Just took a picture. The sharpest protrusion of the river only sticks out maybe a couple of millimeters max and is really not sharp enough to cause damage to the carpet IMO. Especially because the mats stay where they are like they’ve been glued. This eliminates any possibility of something like a side to side slight movement that may have possibly chance for damaging the carpet over time. But right now the only force they are getting are from the weight of my right foot and that is applied absolutely vertically and is insignificant IMO. in other words the rivet is so shallow that I don’t think it’s going to even leave a mark ever let alone cause any damage. Hope this helps.

FA5FC83A-47CC-4797-932B-AC739A763876.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset